HUGE problem with 4.3 Text Tone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shardey, Mar 13, 2011.

1. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

Has anyone else noticed that the text message tone "choo choo" is still named the same but the tone is changed? When played, it is only a "choo". Apple you have taken the only sms tone that isn't the original that is bearable and ruined it!!

2. stonegammage macrumors member

Affirmative

Wow it sure is a single Choo. I just checked. Hmmm....email the text tone maker dude.

3. shardey thread starter macrumors 6502a

shardey

It makes me feel like my phone is lagging. Also they switched up the vibration patterns throughout the tones. None of this was included in any of the release notes was it?

4. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

I noticed since I updated to 4.3 and I have my iphone on virbate, when I get a text it goes buzz buzz instead of just buzzing once like it normally did before the update.

I checked all the settings and they are the same as they usually are, so I know i didn't change anything.

Did apple make the text noise when it's on vibrate sound like that?

5. Surrix macrumors regular

Huh. I just went through a lot of the new text tones and it seems Apple has shortened a lot of them from what I recall them being previously. Is this the case? Previously they were much too long, but now some are acceptable in length.

6. King Luis macrumors 6502

7. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

They shortened the text tone because in the last update, everone was complaining about how long they were. So now it's a "Huge Problem"?:rolleyes:

8. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

It will vibrate like that whether you have it on vibrate or not.:D

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. This was discovered a few days ago.

10. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Ha, ha.... A huge problem when they were long and now a huge problem when some were shortened. How about using one that is the right length?? :confused:

11. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Exactly! I can't see how a tone on a phone could be a "huge problem" in anyone's life.:rolleyes:

12. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Wow, so a text tone that was shortened is a "HUGE" problem huh?

I'm speechless

13. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yeah, there is another thread on here about AutoText, and they just couldn't believe that feature wasn't on the iPhone, because it was"such a critical function":rolleyes: People aren't gonna be happy until the iPhone has every feature that any phone has ever had, or will have.

14. prestomusic macrumors regular

yep, bit of a problem when there is not much to choose from because Apple continues to be restrictive in customising the iPhone in not allowing custom SMS alert sounds.

Same old story. So boring Apple and frustrating.

15. prestomusic, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011

prestomusic macrumors regular

no, not every single feature, just the ones that are as basic as allowing users the choice of what their own phone (yes the one they paid good money to Apple for) should sound like.

The irritating thing about this issue is that this thread shouldn't even exist. I agree the OP is a little over the top describing the problem as 'huge' but the whole problem is avoidable in the fist place if Apple just did the right thing.

16. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Wouldnt be any kind of problem if we could use are own tones. ;)

Damn you Apple how hard can it be to let us use our own?

Shakes fist at sky, stamps feet. :mad:

17. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yea I have been waiting for this functionality since 2007. It is my biggest comlpaint about the iPhone. But I guess that is a good sign that I think everything else on the phone is great....