Huge Problem With Messages

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Lightey, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Lightey macrumors regular

Earlier today, I was texting one of my friends and when went to click on the banner, the messages app crashed. I thought that maybe quitting it would fix it, so I quit the app. Still frozen. I tried pulling down the notification center to at least see the message preview, and that completely crashed my phone. I did a hard reset 3 times and tried quitting every app to clear up ram, and it still wouldn't do anything. I ended up having to restore my phone. Now, my friend calls me and says he's having the same problem, so it seems to not just be my phone. I'm running iOS 6.1.3 on an iPhone 5 and he has 6.1.3 on a 4S. Has anyone had this issue or does anyone know why it occurs?

2. crazycanucks macrumors regular

Looks like a huge problem!

3. Lightey thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know about you, but I don't have the time to restore my phone from a backup everyday

4. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

When you say "click on the banner" what do you mean exactly...? If this is reproducible it is a major issue.

5. Lightey thread starter macrumors regular

The banner notification that popped up. It doesn't happen all the time but it seems like sometimes one specific message won't load properly and it causes the entire app to get stuck in a crash loop