Huge problem with the battery

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iFanaddic, Nov 17, 2008.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

hey guys im having a lot of problem's with the battery that came with my macbook. Before today I recorded how long it could last without power adaptor here's what I recorded:

(Only Safari, mail, msn, & finder were running)

1h30 99%
    1h41 91%
    2:00 80%
    2:13 70%
    2:30 61% After One Hour

That was 2 days ago. Now i'm noticing my macbook is said to be fully charged at 95%, green light on magsave plug, power plug icon in the battery (not the currently charging lightning bolt) and when I right click on the battery it says battery is not charging.

I have downloaded the coconutBattery app and it says: current battery capacity 4177mAh and original battery capacity 4100mAh that doesn't make sense to me. (14 load cycles)

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Batteries only charge when they are below 95% in order to save battery life.

3. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

So at 94% my macbook will start charging all the way up to 100%? thats pointless.

What about the fact that it loses 40% of its charge in one hour?

4. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Why is that pointless? If it would charge back up at 99% can you imagine how many cycles you would get within a few months?

5. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

ya, I guess you're right.. I thought cycles were only from 0-100 or adding up to a 100% 50 to a 100 twice would be a cycle anyway..

What about my 40% of battery power lost within the first hour? Is that normal?