HUGE problem with the Mighty Mouse.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ArtIsLife, Apr 21, 2008.

1. ArtIsLife macrumors newbie

Okay, well, dust collects in the mighty mouse from time to time and messes up the scrolling, and that requires the occasional cleaning. That's fine. But today, out of the blue, my middle-click just stopped working PERIOD. Instead of bringing up Expose like it normally did, it acts as a right-click. This is a big problem for me, since I'm very dependant on Expose. Everything in the mouse's settings is fine.

Can anyone help me out?

2. ArtIsLife thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I just disassembled the Mighty Mouse and cleaned it from the inside out. The middle click STILL won't work.

3. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

is it wired or BT? I have the Bluetooth Mighty Mouse and I noticed that every now and then it will just change the button settings. Not sure why but I have to go into System Preferences and change my buttons back to what I want.

Peace:cool:

4. ArtIsLife thread starter macrumors newbie

It's wired, and I said in my original post that everything was fine in the settings.

5. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Glad your eye sight is great and that you can re-read your own post. I was just telling you what I run into.

Either take it to an Apple store to have them look at it or buy a new one.

Peace:cool:

6. operator207 macrumors 6502

I would have suggested to take it apart, but it seems you already did. I took mine completely apart, removed the ball, removed the contacts under the ball. Guess what, I #$%^ eyelash was between the contacts. It was keeping it from making the contact that makes the MM do a center click.

But since you have already taken yours completely apart, I guess that you do not have the same problem as I did.

7. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

I've heard to get a scrap piece of white paper, turn the mouse upside down, and roll the scroll bar on the piece of paper.