Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shahrezsyed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Stony Brook, New York
Here's the issue.
I put a few TV shows on download last night and went to sleep. Woke up and saw the error message, 'Not enough disk space'.
I have a 2011 Macbook Air i7 with 256GB SSD. I have a LOT of FLAC music, photos, Movies, etc. What do I do how do I manage this. Because, I synch my music to my idevices, I can't imagine how keeping my music externally will help?
This is really nerve wracking. I'm not going to buy a new notebook till I go to college which is next fall...
-Shahrez

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Here's the issue.
I put a few TV shows on download last night and went to sleep. Woke up and saw the error message, 'Not enough disk space'.
I have a 2011 Macbook Air i7 with 256GB SSD. I have a LOT of FLAC music, photos, Movies, etc. What do I do how do I manage this. Because, I synch my music to my idevices, I can't imagine how keeping my music externally will help?
This is really nerve wracking. I'm not going to buy a new notebook till I go to college which is next fall...
-Shahrez

Delete some files? Store some files on external drive? Its actually very easy solution.

shahrezsyed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Stony Brook, New York
I just attached a screenshot. What's this 'other' stuff???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 8.57.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 8.57.59 AM.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 72

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
You have.....

Thunderbolt and USB 2.0 there, so it will be tricky. Thunderbolt is faster, but pricey. USB 2.0, no so fast, cheaper. Seems all boil down to your budget.

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.