Huge Toast 10 Question (AVCHD Archive)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by macfilm, Jan 13, 2009.

1. macfilm macrumors regular

Hi, I'm trying to do a AVCHD archive of my camcorder, its a Sony HDR-SR8 PAL model.

I purchased Toast 10 Pro for the sole reason of doing this. When I connect my camcorder Toast recognizes it and says it'll take ten DVD's to archive what's already in my camcorder.
    When I insert a blank DVD and hit record for the first time I got the following message:

"could not record the disc because of a mac os error result code = 50"

Then when I tried again I got a message saying "data will span 0 (zero) discs" and when I hit ok nothing happens.

This is so confusing why its not working and I would really appreciate any help to solve the problem.

Let me know if you need any more info and thank you to anyone that can help :)

Mac OS X 10.5.6
    Toast 10 Pro
    24" Alu iMac
    2.4Ghz and 2GB RAM
    Sony HDR-SR8 PAL model
    Burning using DVD+R's

2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I've known Toast (in previous versions) to have similar bugs. I've never found any fixes to them. There should be other ways to archive. Copy the file structure on your camera to a folder or disk image. Stick that on an eternal drive or burn to DVD.

I know its not as simple and doesn't solve your Toast problem, but at least your footage is backed up.

For specific help on the Toast issue, type your error message, word for word, into Google:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=could not record the disc because of a mac os error result code = 50

You'll see many people having the same problem and any solutions that have been offered.