Hullo, I just bought a macbbok pro. Ive never even seen a mac before.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by doktordoris, Apr 9, 2010.

1. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Hullo,
    I just received my 15 inch macbook pro, currently Iam typing on it.

I have owned computers ever since I was 7, and Iam now 35 but I had never owned a mac.

I needed a new laptop and thought Id take the plunge, for some time I had been looking at the apple store and marvelling over the mac notebooks and finally I gave in and bought one.

It has amazed me from the first moment I opened the screen and plugged it in.
    Even the little things like the power cable being able to be plugged in either way round, and the using of the propellerey key and ctrl and D to look up any word in a dictionary.

Oh, another thing that delighted me is the way the light on the front shines through solid looking metal, and the way the keyboard lights up and then adjust the light levels to the ambient light.

Installing, software seemed a bit puzzling at first, but then I thought a logical way to install it would be to drag it on the desktop, which worked, but then I thought dragging the program to applications made even more sense, so I did that, and It worked!

The whole 36 hours that I have spent playing with my new mac have been utterly delightful (even when I type this on this web page all spelling mistakes are highlighted and suggestions replaced upon a click, my PC doesn't do that with web pages).

Iam like a dizzy schoolgirl with my mac.
    doris

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Congratulations. If you run into a problem, search Mroogle before starting a new thread about it. You'll probably find your answer a lot faster.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. doktordoris thread starter macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Oh no.
    Iam dreadfully sorry, I think I should have posted this thread in the new mac place.

5. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

WELCOME

The power cable is really great. Any tug, and it pops out, due to the magnetic connection. As opposed to other laptops, where the laptop and all goes off the table.
    Propeller key is also known as Command ;)

There are micro holes. From the apple site:
    You can delight in more Macbook Pro goodyness here

Here is a guide for installing apps in Mac OS.

Not to pee on your parade, but that might be Firefox, try it on your PC.:D

Enjoy your Mac and welcome to the forum :) :apple: