Hulu + and TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by dayjob, Jul 2, 2012.

1. dayjob macrumors newbie

There have been threads on this I know:

There used to be a bug that would let you force Airplay from Hulu+. Is that still there? You used to be able to go into an app with Airplay, Airplay something, then switch to Hulu+ app and it would automatically Airplay. Don't have an TV right now obviously so I can't try it myself, but am looking to get one if the above is true.

dj

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I tried that recently and couldn't get it to work. It could be my own error though, who knows.

3. dayjob thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You, been a few updates and bug fixes since I tried it.

4. vtstarck macrumors regular

Hulu openly supports screen mirroring. It's mentioned in their app as a feature. I use it all the time.

5. dayjob thread starter macrumors newbie

Only on iPad. I have a 4S and no iPad :(

6. vtstarck macrumors regular

I've mirrored from my 4S as well as my iPad.

7. dayjob thread starter macrumors newbie

How!? Very interested now!:eek:

8. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I was actually about to post a new thread until I saw this one.

My Apple TV is arriving on Monday. I have a 3rd Gen iPad, an iPhone 4, and my wife has an iPod Touch (latest gen). I had read in a recent update that HuluPlus now supports AirPlay mirroring on Apple TV.

So my questions were going to be:

1. Have any of you tried it?
    2. On what devices?
    3. How well does it work?

I'm switching from Roku 2 to Apple TV, but I really need that HuluPlus functionality. It would not be a deal breaker, as I also have a PS3 and Xbox 360 with the HuluPlus app, but it would still be nice to get it working over Airplay.

9. vtstarck macrumors regular

1. Daily
    2. iPhone 4S and iPad 2
    3. The iPad 2 picture quality is great. It's like watching regular downloaded HD content. The iPhone 4S I've noticed the picture isn't as clear as my iPad 2. I haven't spent much time trying to troubleshoot because the quality was perfect on my iPad so I just switched back.

10. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I signed up for hulu today and im already probably going to cancel. Screen mirroring on the 4s is a laggy studdering mess and the quality of the videos when they are playing looks terrible. I cant get videos to play at all on my ipad 3 I assume because its on ios 6. so I don't really have a use for it. dont know why hulu allows screen mirroring but not airplay. would make perfect sense to just allow it.