Hulu App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kevmcintosh, Feb 18, 2009.

1. kevmcintosh macrumors newbie

Is there such a thing as a Hulu app for mac? I want to be able to stream content from Hulu in possibly front row or something like front row, controllable by the the apple remote. I did some searching... I know about Understudy, but it seems like content is limited.

Anyone doing this?

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

There was a thread about this a couple weeks ago but I can't remember the name of it. It would be awesome of there was an app for this....

3. SoybeanStasher macrumors regular

As you mention there's Understudy, but I haven't tried it so I'm not familiar with the limited content you speak of. And until yesterday you could stream Hulu through Boxee. Those days are over, though. :(

4. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Friday is going to be a sad day.

5. aresinferno macrumors regular

I remember seeing something that can play hulu through frontrow.

However i would suggest miro.
    http://www.getmiro.com/

It can stream videos from hulu and alot of other places. You can even download some things with it. It looks very nice but since i am in the UK it is rather hard for me to use hulu ;)

Seeing the miro homepage, it appears really good. I see a fullscreen button too. Try it out and see :)

Oh, did i mention it is free?

6. kevmcintosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool. Thanks for the tips... Too bad to see Hulu pull out of Boxee. I wonder how that will effect it's integration into plex?