**Hulu coming to iPhone and iPad!**

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikemanblah, Jun 29, 2010.

1. mikemanblah macrumors regular

Hulu is offering a service called Hulu Plus that allows you to stream shows to iDevices, gaming consoles and much more!
    Taken from Gizmodo

For $10 a month, you'll be able to stream in HD entire current seasons of shows Glee,
    Modern Family, The Office and 30 Rock as well as the entire back library of many other
    shows, such as Arrested Development, The X-Files and Heroes.

You can watch said shows in a variety of ways: on your computer, of course, but also on
    your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch—over Wi-Fi or 3G (!!). And your TV! Hulu Plus will
    be supported on the PS3 "soon" and the Xbox 360 in "early 2011." It'll also be supported
    by Samsung, Vizio and Sony TVs and Blu-ray players.

http://gizmodo.com/5575555/hulu-plus-is-real-10month-for-iphone-ipad-and-tv-viewing

Computer Hulu will stay the same

Request an invite here http://www.hulu.com/plus

Discuss

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

As long as recent shows remain free I'll be happy. No way I'm paying $10 money for this.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

If true......

$10/month? And they think they should charge more than Netflix why?:confused:

I won't be paying for this.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

no thnaks

too pricy and there better be NO ads at ALL

id rather do netflix than this

5. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

$10 one off maybe....can't see too many people paying $10 / month!!

Its the usual attitudes by developers - iPhone / iPad / Apple customers have too much money so lets fleece them!

6. CaliKev macrumors member

CaliKev

Woot! Finally! Been waiting for this service for a long time.

7. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

Do you have cable/satellite TV?

8. Centient macrumors 6502

I'm skeptical, but not entirely dismissive. If Hulu can do this correctly I can see paying for the service. I'm doubtful they can provide the content I want, the way I want it at this price, but we'll see.

9. Syk macrumors 6502a

Wonder if they'll have the ad version.

For $10 are they going to stream new movies like onDemand + tv shows. If they do that then maybe I could see spending $10

10. mikemanblah thread starter macrumors regular

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I have cable from comcast and if Hulu can provide NEW shows I will lose Comcast.

12. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

My reading is that unless you pay no Hulu on iPad/iPhone for you. Kind of a scam. I'd be happy w/ ads and only 5 last shows like it is now. I wonder how this will go over. $10 netflix + $30 unlim data + $10 hulu + etc, etc., At some point with all these services it's going to be $10 too much. I wonder if this is it.

13. alent1234 macrumors 603

nice

if they add Dora and other kids cartoons i can dump my DVR and still save money

14. Centient macrumors 6502

Already did. :)

15. Syk macrumors 6502a

If I was one of the unfortunate ones to not have unlimited data I wouldn't want to use my data on ads.

16. UCF-ENG macrumors regular

$3.99 or $4.99 for this service would be a much more reasonable price IMO.

I could see tons of people signing up at something like $2.99/month

17. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Finally!!! But :mad: at it not coming to the xbox till next year when it was the first rumored. :( I might pay for a standalone BR player someday (waiting to see how Google TV shapes up since it's said to be coming to Sony models) but not another console...

Signed up ASAP and really hope for an invite soon.

18. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Netflix will be better because it's cheaper and you get more tv and movies to watch instantly. I cannot believe Hulu is going to start charging!

19. 211269 macrumors member

Some people are funny. $10 a month for full seasons of HD show on any of your devices is a steal! Look on iTunes and see how much a full season of just ONE show is, and its not even in HD. I will gladly pay $10 a month for this.

20. Syk macrumors 6502a

Looks like it's tv shows only....

$1.99 or $2.99 a month I probably would do it

21. Reluctant Adept macrumors member

People will happily pay $90 a month for cell service, and a similar amount for cable or satellite but for some reason $10 for Hulu programming is absurd? Are you kidding? If we could get live sports for $30 we'd jump on it, ditch DirecTV and use Hulu Plus, NetFlix, or iTunes for everything else.

22. me2000 macrumors 6502

I agree. They should allow us to use Hulu for free on iPhone/iPad. They can show ads and just limit to last 3-5 episodes. I think we should get options.

$10 a month is too much. I'm willing to pay $8.99 for Netflix because I can still request DVDs and instantly watch a lot of TV shows, movies, etc as well. Much better value IMO. Hulu simply has shows that we can watch on TV for free or with the cable we already have!

The most I would pay for this is $5 a month.

23. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, at that price it would be a no-brainer. Just buy it to have it. Or maybe a 2nd tier for that price which only gets you the last 5 shows.

I don't have Netflix - don't they only offer past seasons as available on DVD or do they offer current season shows too?

24. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Heck yes!!! I'm jumping on this as soon as I get an invite and preview it! All that content for only $10 a month??! Yes please!!

25. me2000 macrumors 6502

Yes. Past seasons. But it's a great way to catch up on shows you haven't watched. Plus you get access to movies playing on Starz. In addition to getting DVDs of newly released movies by mail. It's a great deal.