Hulu Gains 3,000 New TV Episodes Through 20th Century Fox Deal

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 19, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Hulu today announced a new distribution deal with 20th Century Fox, which will see almost 3,000 new episodes of popular Fox dramas and comedies added to Hulu's streaming service.

[​IMG]

Hulu has obtained streaming rights to every episode of long-running hits like How I Met Your Mother, Burn Notice, Bones, and Glee, along with all 11 seasons of M*A*S*H and the complete NYPD Blue library. A list of some of the shows coming is below:
    The deal between Hulu and 20th Century Fox is an expansion of an agreement that has seen Hulu gain shows like Bob's Burgers, American Dad, Futurama, The Cleveland Show, This Is Us, Emptire, Homeland, and more.

According to Hulu, the new titles will be added to the service ofer the course of the coming weeks.

Article Link: Hulu Gains 3,000 New TV Episodes Through 20th Century Fox Deal

2. Saipher macrumors demi-god

Saipher

3. MC6800 macrumors 6502

Those all appear to be shows already on Netflix last I looked-- nice to see them becoming more competitive.

4. TVGenius macrumors member

Actually, Fox has been yanking essentially all of their series off Netflix as their existing agreements expire over an ongoing spat about Netflix poaching staff from Fox. Most of the seasons of Futurama and Bob's Burgers have already gone away as deals expired, along with many other older Fox staples (Firefly among them).

5. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

So I wonder if they're leaving Netflix?

Shows come and go all the time.

I wish everything was everywhere. I have Netflix... but I'd need Hulu to watch South Park and Seinfeld.

6. Branskins macrumors 65816

7. TVGenius macrumors member

The feud has been ongoing, and for the last few months, there's been no new Fox content added. So until it's resolved, it's not subject to the normal ebb and flow. Fox is just letting all agreements run their course and then pulling their content once they expire.

8. imlovinit macrumors 6502a

imlovinit

Xfiles is already on Hulu. Except the lastest season but that's okay lol

9. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

There's getting to be less and less reason to keep Netflix, at least in my household. Hulu seems to be picking up all the third-party content that Netflix is choosing not to renew.

Some people do seem to like Netflix's original content... but none of us are in that category. I'll always have fond memories of the old Netflix, though - they were the first.

10. Vin2015 macrumors member

Doesn't Southpark show all it's episodes for free on it's own webpage? If not did they at one time?

11. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

Programming aside. I still can’t get over the ugly UI that Hulu has now.

12. Vin2015 macrumors member

I was just talking to my wife about how we have Netflix,Hulu,Amazon Prime, and Direct Tv, and how I was looking at all the Queues and I probably have enough content to watch tv 24/7 for the next several years. have no clue when I'm gonna watch it all.

13. thisisnotmyname macrumors 68000

thisisnotmyname

Still a trojan horse from legacy TV industry to keep us from moving to truly disruptive options.

14. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

They used to.

Now there are only 30 free episodes of South Park on southparkstudios.com

The bulk of the collection is on Hulu.

15. jermwhl macrumors regular

jermwhl

I'm one of those that like the original content. Can't wait for Stranger Things! Also, OITNB, House of Cards, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt are all shows I like. I've also heard Penny Dreadful is good, but I've yet to watch it.

Same. Also HBO Go/Now added to one of those for GoT and WestWorld :)

16. Gasu E. macrumors 601

Gasu E.

Netfiix is #2 in Emmy nominations in 2017, right behind HBO.

17. Vin2015 macrumors member

Exactly with Direct Tv I have Showtime/Starz/HBO/Cinemax and all their corresponding apps for free. There is so much content available now it's almost humorous to think anybody could watch it all.

I will say, I really do enjoy the new Apple TV and iPhone TV function, it's not perfect yet, but it's a start to consolidating everything, as soon as Amazon Prime gets added to the Apple TV, no reason to turn the device off.

18. Bacillus, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017

Bacillus Suspended

Bacillus

Let me guess:
    Eddy Cue was the highest bidder - but was expelled for intolerable behavior ?

19. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

20. KrispE00 macrumors regular

Yes at $7.99/month. But there’s a commercial free option for $11.99/month

21. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

I actually pay $5.99. I don’t mind the ads. I got a promo offer a long time ago. It’s $5.99 for a certain amount of months. Right before my promo ends I cancel the service. In the box where it ask why you are canceling I just say I’m not paying more for their service. I wait till they send me another promo offer, and pick them up again for the same price.

22. NtDs90 macrumors member

Netflix, Hulu, CBS, I pay for. Everything else on ATV is Direct TV thru my brothers account. Cheap tv.

23. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

How can they compete with Netflix ?

24. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

The new UI is the epitome of form over function. They tried so hard to go to the minimal modern cliche look that it makes using it a chore.

Happy to see new content. Cut cable with the new Apple TV and haven't looked back to cable since.

25. MC6800 macrumors 6502

They can't, until you've seen everything you want to see on Netflix.