Hulu Plus App is available on the App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by marcello696, Jun 29, 2010.

1. marcello696 macrumors regular

Just did a search for Hulu Plus and the app is available for the iPhone and iPad

Watching an ep of 30 rock via 3G and it looks pretty good!

2. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

So all the stuff you can watch for free on your puter you have to pay to watch on your other devices?

Am I getting this right?

3. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

There are some free shows. Mostly older episodes.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

If you pay the 9.99 a month, do you get access to all the shows on Hulu? I think that would actually be worth it, especially if I can use it over 3G...

5. jakeacc macrumors regular

Hulu on the iPhone is a step in the right direction. I'm more interested in Hulu for Xbox 360 and hope that it is free. (or at least included in the Xbox Live Gold membership fees)

Not sure I'd want to spend 10 bucks to watch Hulu on a cellphone.

Regardless, I hope this brings us one step closer to an on-demand streaming all content viewing society.

6. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

I think its 10 a month and you get it on all idevices yeah?

7. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I was watching Greys Anatomy on 3G and the picture quality was very good. If the Hulu account could be used on any device, I might consider it.

8. haenchensd macrumors newbie

Can't change volume while watching a show, kind of important. Am I the only one with this problem?

Edit:
    Never mind, you can, you just can't watch Hulu and have phone on vibrate at the same time, not a feature I appreciate.

9. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Didn't have that problem.

10. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i haven't been able to watch anything yet. did you guys already get your invitation accepted. when i sign on it says i need hulu plus.

11. haenchensd macrumors newbie

There's a few free things you can watch, but very limited w/o plus account.

12. AlxRymnd914 macrumors member

Most shows on Hulu have only about 5 episodes available for any given season. Hulu plus will allow you to watch all previous episodes of all the shows on any device that has the Hulu plus client. Also, the shows will be available in 720p HD.

13. LoganT macrumors 68020

You need the invite just watch the free stuff until then.

14. haenchensd macrumors newbie

Yes, but at the moment you can't even watch the "free" shows on the app. Any show available on the website isn't just available on the app, there are a total of 10 episodes available one the "Free Gallery" of the iPhone app. You try to watch anything else and it says you aren't a Hulu Plus subscriber.

15. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

It's pretty cool. I hope this offers the same functionality as the free Hulu, as in me being able to catch the recent episodes of a tv series for free w/ads, but if you want the rest you have to pay. Seems only fair to me. I'll just use Netflix to watch older stuff.

Also waiting on my invite.

16. jasondono macrumors member

But only the current season I believe. If it was previous seasons as well, i would do it in a heartbeat, as long as I could access from all my devices.

17. AlxRymnd914 macrumors member

I believe it is all previous seasons too based on this video. http://www.hulu.com/plus/guided_tour

18. marcello696 thread starter macrumors regular

we can debate to pay or not to pay forever but getting Hulu, Netflix, etc is a step in the right direction of freeing us from cable and satellite.

so far the picture quality over 3G has been outstanding on the iPhone

it plays just like the PC version of Hulu and I think I will be ok with $10 per month and having access via my iphone, ipad, xbox 360 and PS3

19. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

i think i might look at it as an upgraded netflix account (which i already pay for). so i go from $10/month to $20/month.

netflix gets me 1 blu-ray out at a time plus unlimited streaming on my tivo/ps3 AND (soon) iphone of both movies and lots of tv shows (just not the current season or all tv shows).

hulu plus would supplement this by giving me basically any tv shows streaming that i don't get through netflix on my tivo/ps3 and also iphone. these shows would be the most current up to date episodes.

it also solves another problem i was looking into solving by paying extra money for- a 3rd tuner. most dvrs are dual-tuners. my wife and i run into problems on, say, thurday nights when the office and other nbc shows are recording on one tuner, grey's anatomy is on the other tuner, but guess what- it's the playoffs and my team is on espn (hypothetically). it happens quite often in the fall and spring when new shows are on every night. in this scenario, huluplus serves as our "third tuner" and we don't have to record them, we just watch them the next night through hulu. now i don't have to buy a tuner for our computer in the bedroom. it will be 720p, too.

20. jaeguyoon macrumors regular

if I subscribe, do u think I'll be able to get it on my iPhone and my iPad without subscribing twice?

21. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

the apps are/will be free. you will log in with your paid subscription username/password which will work on any device (pc/mac/ps3/blu-ray/iphone/ipad/etc). so, yes, you won't be forced to pay twice.

22. DocSmitty macrumors regular

LOL@Microsoft+Hulu:

Clicked a random show to watch on the new Hulu App while testing it out...

This show brought to you by:

KIN

Yeah... you're really gonna convince me to switch with an ad inside an iPhone app.

23. jaeguyoon macrumors regular

thanks for this reply! that is good awesome news!

24. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

25. jaeguyoon macrumors regular

where am I suppose to type this in?