Hulu Plus Preview Invite - $9.99???

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by rwilliams, Jul 13, 2010.

1. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I searched for the answer to this question, but found none, so my apologies if the answer is buried in another thread.....

So I got my Hulu Plus preview invite in my inbox, and clicked on the link to sign up and start testing out the service. That's when I noticed that they wanted you to enter your credit card information and informed you that you would be charged $9.99 starting immediately. What the hell? I thought that this was supposed to be a preview of the service, with preview meaning a free test run of Hulu. Has anyone else signed up using their invite and paid the $9.99 monthly fee?

2. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

Crowded Busses, Cramped Elevators, Taco Bell
    I wish I could sign up, but I haven't gotten my invite yet. I'd gladly pay the $10 (as soon as they'll let me) since I don't have cable.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

You can already preview the "free" stuff via the app. I don't see an issue - they are signing up people now selectively - probably to make sure there's proper load balancing.

4. baller1308 macrumors 65816

5. rwilliams thread starter macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Well that makes sense. It just seems a bit misleading to call it a "Preview Invite" and then ask you to pay up.

6. Syk macrumors 6502a

Wait are u saying the hulu app allows you to see free content?

Reading some reviews on the app store looks like it's not highly rated. Mostly because it's not free. I wouldn't mind paying but it seems you still have to see Ads. Not sure about that

7. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

I got my invite also and i thought it was going to be free during the preview time.

8. ewiley28 macrumors newbie

How long did you wait to get the invite?? It's been like two weeks for me and still nothing...

9. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Using the App on the PS3 is not bad using the free stuff they just show a 5 second app in the beginning and thats all I've seen so far.

10. Syk macrumors 6502a

I went a head and signed up for the invite yesterday. I downloaded the hulu+ app to my iP4 and looked a few of the free things and was surprised by the quality over 3g

Now just have to wait for my invite although you'd think a preview would be free..