Hulu Plus Previews going out!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by JasonHiccup, Jul 31, 2010.

1. JasonHiccup macrumors member

Just received the email for mine! Anyone else?

2. samcraig macrumors P6

yup - and I already signed up

3. James.123 macrumors regular

why does it cost money for a preview account?

4. samcraig macrumors P6

because you have full access to everything? The "preview" is just a way of controlling initial bandwidth as they test their servers before allowing EVERYONE to sign up.

I don't consider it an issue.

5. JasonHiccup thread starter macrumors member

Agreed. Although- i am disappointed that you still receive adverisements.

6. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

Yeah. OTOH, they're realistically the only game in town if you want this sort of thing, and it's not such a high cost (the fee or the ads) that it destroys my interest.

I've been on the preview a while now. App works OK--has some bugs re: queue management and subscriptions, but as a viewer works fine. I got decent video over 3G, though the non-HD stuff did strike me as unusually pixelated. I think there might be some significant quality loss in however they're transcoding it.

I'm on the fence about continuing. I'm trying to watch less TV, and I'm unclear on whether the expiration practices will leave Hulu as a workable library of seasons or not. It might still be worth having as a Netflix supplement though. The combo of the two really gives a rich set of content to iOS devices. If only CBS would play the game with someone...

7. dranakin macrumors 6502

Netflix is far superior, even if you're only comparing the streaming libraries.

8. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone figured out if video out works with Hulu Plus? I can't get it to work...

9. tevans333 macrumors member

I just read that they are in talks with Hulu, we can only hope it goes well

I agree with the exception of current season material. That is where Hulu Shines.

Worked out of the box for me on I4

10. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

This came out after iPhone 4 came out and there isn't even fast app switching.

11. ShadowXOR macrumors regular

I'll get this when it hits the big time but I'm sure as hell not paying them $10 a month to be a beta tester.