Hulu Plus

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by m.n.onat, Mar 21, 2011.

1. m.n.onat macrumors newbie

hi folks...

i have bought a ipad and i am living in germany... here we have no support for hulu plus but i figured out how to get a US iTunes Account...so right now i have hulu plus on my ipad but here is the problem...

i need a US credit card to subscribe a annual hulu plus subscription... there is no other way i guess....... or ?

is there anybody i could transfer the money to, so that this one could buy a annual gift card for hulu plus?

greets....

2. wizee macrumors member

wizee

Credit Card

Go to your local branch of Bank of America. Get a card from them. it shouldn't be a problem

3. m.n.onat, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

m.n.onat thread starter macrumors newbie

thats not possible...

you need a american social security number for a american credit card.. but i am german and the next bank of america local branch is hundreds of miles away :/

4. Rigby macrumors 601

Even if you had a card and were able to subscribe, it wouldn't work reliably in Germany. Hulu blocks IP addresses from outside the US, as well as most popular VPN and proxy services.

5. m.n.onat thread starter macrumors newbie

i am using Astrill vpn server and it is working very well... so thats not the problem

6. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

I wonder how you did this I really want a German itunes account LOL

7. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

8. m.n.onat thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Rigby macrumors 601

Well, Hulu has been known to block VPN services when it discovers them, so be prepared.

As for the payment, the only option I can think of is to get a prepaid Visa giftcard, which behaves like a regular credit card and should pass the address test. I don't think you can officially buy them from Germany, but you could pick one up when travelling to the US or ask a friend.

10. m.n.onat thread starter macrumors newbie

there is no need for a credit card...

i just need someone i can transfer the money via paypal to and thios one could buy a hulu plus gift card and give me the code...

but i dont know any americans :/

11. samukas, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

samukas macrumors newbie

Hey there, m.n.onat. I just registered to answer you :p

Yesterday I've managed to get Netflix working with my european CC and a VPN, however Hulu Plus is proving to be more difficult, as you have noticed yourself.

I think I might have a friend with an american CC, the problem is, it appears that even when redeeming gift cards, you have to enter a valid credit card. See Hulu's Gifting Terms:
    "The redeemer of a gift subscription (“Redeemer”) may access the Hulu Plus service after creating a Hulu Plus account, including providing Hulu with a valid payment method. "

So, the gift card isn't really an option. The only method that I found that supposedly works is this, but I would never pay that much taxes just to get Hulu Plus.

Oh well, it's a shame :/ Netflix+Hulu would be a great combination on my TV.

12. big samm macrumors 65816

Wow hulu can shove their service up their a**... I mean i have to give my credit card number even if i have a gift card... What's the freaking point of having gift cards then? That's why hulu will never rise... Shows with commercials and gift cards that you have to put your cc number for it to work... HULU PLUS IS LAME!!!!

Sent from my iPad 3G using Tapatalk