Hulu

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sustainability, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Sustainability macrumors regular

Is anyone going to use Hulu's streaming function when it is released for the iPhone?

I see this as the only real reason I would keep my unlimited data plan for my incoming iPhone 4 because I have no idea how much data streaming a bunch of television shows would take. Anyone have any idea oh how much data this could end up using?

2. bluespider macrumors 6502

bluespider

I currently have mobiTV and have really enjoyed it with the World Cup Games, streaming over 3G hasn't been half bad. I have been looking at the hulu plus deal and it looks good too, but until i get a code to try it... :)

3. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You might want to check your avg data use from the past year b/f you cancel unlimited. I'm a fairly light user and was using between 230 and 300MBs per cycle just web surfing -- no video streaming. Personally saving $60 per year (based on $5 savings going to the 2GB plan) is not a big enough incentive for me to drop unlimited right now b/c it looks like more and more data hog services are coming available. I'll reassess next year.

5. Syk macrumors 6502a

Is hulu plus just going to be tv shows or will it also include the movies that's on hulu site?

I'm debating on this or netflix.

6. don pianta macrumors regular

the hulu plus app also has movies

7. Syk macrumors 6502a

That makes it more enticing now. I couldn't tell if it was just the list of TV shows they had or the movies they also have on their site.

Are they going to be ad free? If they have them during the tv shows i can live with that but during the movies that would be a miss.