Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
PAW PAW, Mich. - A human-sized heart found at a southwestern Michigan car wash has investigators wondering whether it came from a person or an animal.

The organ was discovered in a corner of a manual wash bay at Soapy's Car Wash, Paw Paw police said. The owner of the business found it Monday on the floor of the bay, according to WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids and WWMT-TV in Kalamazoo.

Police first took the heart to an animal clinic, where a veterinarian was unable to determine its origin. The next stop was a local cardiologist, who said that while it was "consistent in size to a human heart," he could not make a conclusive determination as to its source, said police Chief Patrick W. Alspaugh.

The chief took the organ Tuesday to Lansing's Sparrow Hospital, where forensic scientists were to examine it.

"If it's a human heart, that prompts the question, 'Then where's the body?'" Alspaugh told the Kalamazoo Gazette.

He said he didn't know when the forensic scientists will give him their findings.

If it turns out that the heart came from an animal, it would not be the first time that someone has left animal parts at the car wash

The owner told police that animal parts had been left before at the car wash, but never a heart.

Article link

Who leaves animal parts (or human body parts) at a car wash?

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
Hope its not a human heart. And on a lighter note... Paw Paw Police is fun to say.

"I I I'm gonna c c call the paw paw police."

And... that is all. Good day to you. :D

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
rowan_atkinson9.jpg

Sizzlor

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2008
I totally left my heart in Michigan. . . that wench just threw it out the window at a car wash then. . . love is a fickle flame

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
So figuring someone murdered someone and cut out their heart, the question then is...

why would he throw the heart out the window of his car inside a car wash? What does that possibly accomplish?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So figuring someone murdered someone and cut out their heart, the question then is...

why would he throw the heart out the window of his car inside a car wash? What does that possibly accomplish?

Oddly, although this original post is three years old, I can't find anything in Google News' archives later than the next day, when this was reported:

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article...Heart_found_at_Mich__car_wash__origin_unknown

Pathologists who examined a heart found this week at a southwestern Michigan car wash still haven't determined whether it came from a human or an animal.

They plan to submit the organ for DNA testing in an effort to find out once and for all.

So it seems to have remained a mystery, or else I guess not have been that interesting.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Am I the only one who read the title as the heart being the size of a human?

Seriously though, this is a bit disturbing...

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
I think it belongs to the Grinch. With it growing three sizes that day, it would be about human size. I think somebody still held a grudge against him for breaking into all those houses, and did some vigilante justice on him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.