humbly seeking advice on what refurbed pro i should get

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stumpy992, Aug 20, 2008.

1. stumpy992 macrumors newbie

i do lots of music using programs like ableton live and reason. i play world of warcraft. would like to be able to play a few higher end pc games. was looking at the 2.2 ghz pro. its the cheapest and i want to make sure it will be adequate for the aforementioned things. is the 2.4 ghz that much better? thanks in advance. and sry, i know these posts are probably a dime a dozen.

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

I think the 2.4 is a good option especially at its current price point, refurb wise. It's also an optimized version of the mbp. Will definitely be a solid machine.

My advice though is to get the best that you can afford. :)

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I agree with 2.4. Grab some after-market ram on the cheap and max it out to 4gb - you'll be in great shape for everything you want to do (and have saved several hundred bucks!)

4. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

$200 more for the 2.4 including 40G more hard drive, a little faster processor and a better video card. I'd go for the 2.2 but it might be worth the extra $200.

5. stumpy992 thread starter macrumors newbie

since money is becoming more and more of an issue, i guess i really want to know if the 2.2 will in any way be a major hindrance in what what i want to do.. or will it struggle to keep up with the things i mentioned

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

The 2.2 one will be fine, but like the others stated if you can afford it upping the RAM is a good idea