Humming feedback through headphones

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bswartz95, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I receive feedback through my headphones, but it's only when my iPad is charging. It also only occurs when I'm not touching it. I noticed the buzzing sound while my ipad was plugged in and Netflix was loading. I could only stop the humming by either touching the iPad or unplugging it.

Anyone else experience this?

2. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Is it plugged into your computer to charge? If you can do it that way it might get rid of the noise. If you are charging it off your computer, then try using the wall charger, it might get rid of the noise.

Either way it is caused from bad wiring in your house. It's pretty common actually, and it is recommended that you buy a line conditioner to solve the problem. Most UPS come with this built in, but some surge protectors also have this feature.

Note that this is a good thing to get for all your audio equipment anyway. Pretty worthy investment if you care about sound quality at all.

3. Bswartz95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Thanks for the great information. Ive only noticed it when charging from the wall. Haven't tried it through the computer yet.