Humming out of speakers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tp16q306, Nov 12, 2013.

1. tp16q306 macrumors newbie

Hello all, I have been searching the web and have not been able to find any help. I am a student, and I frequently have many different windows open on different 'spaces'. I usually will have 3 or 4 safari windows open. Sometimes out of no where there will be a humming sound that comps out of my speakers. sometimes it is just the left one. When I quit safari everything willl be back to normal again. Also, when i hook up my bose sound dock to the computer via bluetooth, i will sometimes get the same humming until I quit safari. Does anyone know what is causing this humming from the speakers!? It will go lower when I make the output lower, and louder when I make it louder. But it comes out of nowhere, and I have no clue what it might be. Thank you all in advance for your help.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Humming can be a power circuit issue.

Is your Mac plugged into the same power outlet as your Bose? Sometimes connected devices plugged into different circuits can cause a hum. Different outlets may be on different circuits.

Also, I had a buzzing in my powered speakers that was eliminated by putting a ground-lift adapter on the plugs for the speakers (they were 3-prong plugs).

3. tp16q306 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will have to give that a try, as I am in Grenada studying so the power from the outlets are a higher voltage. thank you