[Humor] Apple and ATT offers *new* iPhone Pricing (press release)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samcraig, Jul 13, 2009.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Not sure how much I can copy and paste - but here ya go...

Apple and ATT Innovates Cellular Pricing Model with Sliding Scale for iPhone 3GS

CUPERTINO, California—July 13, 2009—Apple® and AT&T Wireless® today announced that it has revolutionized its pricing structure for the iPhone™ 3GS models beginning August 1st, 2009.

Taking a cue from the diamond industry, iPhones will now be priced on a sliding scale based on color, clarity and cut and size.

Pricing will be revealed next week, but Apple® and AT&T Wireless® offer the following definitions which will pertain to the newest member of the iPhone family:

Color: Black phones will be less expensive than white iPhones. Additionally screens with a heavy yellow (or "warm") screen will be cost less than the cooler/whiter bluish tint. As with diamonds, the various levels of color temperature will dictate cost premiums.

Clarity: Based on current feedback - the iPhone 3GS will be offered with either the oleophobic screen and without to cater to those concerned over the effects it has on screen viewing. The oleophobic coating will be at a premium. For the elite, an option for an all-diamond screen will be made available that promises 100 percent scratch-resistance.

Cut: The more desireable perfectly shaped bezel and glass will carry a premium. Those who opt for an uneven bezel or glass mounting will incur a lesser charge

Size: This option has not changed. The iPhone 3GS is offered as either 16gb or 32gb

Press release continued.. but that's the important info

2. skball123 macrumors regular

I must say what came to my mind as soon as I was finished reading this: "That's kinda dumb..."

Sorry, it's all I thought. :rolleyes:

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I'll give a courtesy laugh...

on second thought, I don't feel like wasting one on this.

Not even worth a "nice attempt at humor"

5. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Did you read this on the onion or come up with it out of boredom?

6. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

lawls. so fake.

i'm sure that Apple likes to mimic the diamond imdustry.

7. actorkid macrumors 6502

since my last post was deleted, i guess i'll follow up with a little more substance by stating:

this IS a joke...right?

possibly the stupidest, most nonsensical thing i've ever heard

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Could you post a link to this PR? I've looked on several newswires and PR sites, and see nothing. Otherwise, I call bollocks (no offense).

BL.

9. arykmax macrumors regular

I hope you did in fact copy and paste this from somewhere else and didn't spend your own time writing this up...

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Copy and pasted from where?

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

nu uh! really?!:rolleyes:

captain obvious to the rescue!!!!

op: i thought it was funny lol

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

We need a poll to see who thought this was serious.

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

It annoys me that the 32GB iPhone 3GS has the same exact build quality as the $99 iPhone 3G.

I really hope next year they use a better manufacturing process. I really want an OLED display too... they look sooooo nice.

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

OLED won't hold up in bright sunshine

And are you more concerned now with the cosmetics of your phone, or the OS? I keep forgetting which made you want to use the phone everyday to get value but also forced you to return the 3GS

15. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I don't like the screen on the iPhone 3GS and the build quality was sub-par compared to my 3G.

I love my iPhone 3G to death, so I'm holding off for now. 2.2.1 has been super stable and fast for me as well. I've been enjoying it.