Humorous but sad story

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by joelw135, Nov 17, 2008.

1. joelw135 macrumors 6502

joelw135

In another thread I had complained about my Seagate FreeAgent drive shutting down on reboot. Well I was told it was chances are the USB hub, which I have seen happen before, and I am having hub issues. Well I sent an email to Seagate and was told the following "It sounds like the drive is going to sleep, you can set the Power Setting on a windows pc. Do you have access to one? You would need to download our Drive Manager software from the link below. Click on the settings options to adjust Power Settings."Well what would have happened if the user doesn't have a PC or a friend that will allow the installation of software? Well I do and was able to hopefully fix the problem. By for a company like Seagate not to have a Mac utility is pitiful to say the least. I am on the iMac now for under two weeks and this is the second time I have heard something as stupid as this.:D

2. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

yeah...unfortunately many manufacturers still think it's 1997 and Macs suck.

3. joelw135 thread starter macrumors 6502

joelw135

I seem to be finding out the hard way. I love when the box says Mac compatible and the device is crippled. A prime example is a finger print reader that Apple sells in their stores that when hooked up to a PC it can be used for web authentication, but when hooked to a Mac it only unlocks the Keychain, and has no other use. So all the good things are stripped away.

I am looking toward the day when people think an Mac is truly a better computer and not just a geek machine.