Hurrah! I just fixed my broken iPod

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Sep 14, 2007.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

So my iPod went dead, I think around January, and I just put it in a bin. Today lookin around I found a little document that says how to fix it. All I did was take it apart and disconnect the battery, and HD, and then put it back together, put it in my dock, and after a minute or two the little Apple popped up!

I had nothin' to lose since it's past warranty. This rocks! If you're wonderin' it was a 4th gen 40 GB.

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

nice job man.
    do you have the article link just incase it happens to any of us?
    thanking you :)

4. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

http://www.squidoo.com/brokenipod/

It's not Gen specific, but i'm assumin' it works for all "classic" ipods cause they are all pretty similar. On the 4th gen, somethin' the guide doesn't mention is that there are 2 screw your need to take out before you disconnect the "hold and volume" part. You need one of those star shaped screw drivers, I don't know the proper name for those. Hope this will help others, I'm ecstatic that mines workin again.

And here's some pics for opening it.

http://www.ipodminibattery.com/3rd_gen_ipod_battery_replacement_instructions.html

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

6. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Who's Dave?

7. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

I'm guessing thats meant to be you. :D

Actually, its quite cool that this worked. Good Job. I tried it on my air-con remote control once.. They said I had to buy a $50 new one! But it worked miraculously after some cable wiggling...