Hurricane Sandy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacNut, Oct 25, 2012.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Last year we had Irene and a brutal snow storm that knocked out power for weeks. Now we have what is being called one of the 3 biggest storms to ever hit the northeast. What will turn into a hurricane/nor'easter hybrid will most likely bring destruction from Delaware to Boston.

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Or it could fizzle into a heavy rainstorm. We'll see.

3. snberk103 macrumors 603

If you knew what has been whizzing by us in space, trust me - you'd be worried about other things. I've got a Near Earth Astroids bookmarked, and check it daily. Do you know how often an asteroid zips between us and the moon? Way to often for my peace of mind.

So the possibility of a snow storm, that may impact the east coast, with snow and wind... ppffftt ... let me know when a 17 metre hunk of rock is about to make landfall. :)

Seriously.... good luck. Hopefully Sandy will just head back out to sea.

4. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Hopefully this thing goes out to sea. Unfortunately the more the computer models run the worse it looks and stronger it gets.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I hate when those damn Astroids fly 345,789,453 miles too close to me. Talk about invading my personal space. :p

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Not too worried, did my food shopping and I have a generator for when the power fails. The only thing I'll lose is cable TV (I have FIOS for the internet) :D.

7. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

If the new model runs are accurate, the northeast could see the worst storm in 100 years.

8. Gregg2 macrumors 603

That's really not very far, but lots of people crammed in there...

Still, if you're in the zone, it's foolish not to prepare for the worst.

Ah, but it's all going to be over soon, isn't it? I forget what the latest doomsday prediction is, so maybe we survived again.