HURRY apple! take my money! (need advice)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Germwise, May 27, 2009.

1. Germwise macrumors regular

This is getting frustrating. i want to get a unibody macbook. I'm holding off because its fairly obvious there will be unibody upgrades.

Before anyone tells me these are minor upgrades and won't make a diff.... I AGREE with you! However, if there is a minor upgrade, the old 2.0s will be discounted right?

Now my question relates to the expected price drop for "older model".

If they are discounted, how much would you expect? I actually can't find the old white model on the apple website.

Also if they are discounted, would these discounts also be seen at local stores? So could I go pick one up and get a free ipod as well?

How about refurbished? would we see a drop in refurbished prices?

any help would be great!

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Refurb prices would drop, but most stores seem to lose stock well before updates actually happen to avoid such problems.

3. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

You could probably find them on macmall following a possible update, they always seem to have the older models on stock for a while.

4. Germwise thread starter macrumors regular

with the rumors of rebranding, and with the potential price increases that would mean for UMBs, do you think I would be smart to purchase a 2.0 refurb and just keep it sealed i a box just in case?