Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlomeli

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
Hey there,
If my wife has a separate iTunes account than I do, does this mean I can expect to purchase two Lion apps (one for each) or do you think I can purchase on one and then on the other computer, sign in as me (example), DL Lion, install and then sign back on as her? Would that work?

Sure, $30 is a good deal and is only $30, but hey...$30 is $30.

Nuckinfuts

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Hey there,
If my wife has a separate iTunes account than I do, does this mean I can expect to purchase two Lion apps (one for each) or do you think I can purchase on one and then on the other computer, sign in as me (example), DL Lion, install and then sign back on as her? Would that work?

Sure, $30 is a good deal and is only $30, but hey...$30 is $30.

Buy it on yours, then copy the download to hers and just install, no signing in or anything necessary

mystera

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2011
I've got a question similar to this:
If I bought it on one account, but use another account as default, would I need to log in to the first on to update? (Ahh, then what happens to SoftwareUpdate?)

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Just make sure you have a USB drive big enough for Lion.

Which is about 4GB for the installer, I believe.

I've got a question similar to this:
If I bought it on one account, but use another account as default, would I need to log in to the first on to update? (Ahh, then what happens to SoftwareUpdate?)

I am pretty sure that point updates will still be delivered through Software Update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.