hvr-v1u compatibility

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by imac24"coreduo, Aug 26, 2007.

1. imac24"coreduo macrumors newbie

does anyone know if the sony hvr-v1u hard drive recorder (dsr-60 )is compatible with final cut express hd (the latest version)

I'm new at this -thanks for your help!

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

According to Apple, the Sony HVR-*Z*1U is compatible with FCE HD. In your post you mentioned the the HVR-*V*1U. Not sure if this is simply a typo or if it's actually another camera model.

Anyway, here's the link to what Apple considers to be fully compatible devices with Final Cut Express:

http://images.apple.com/finalcutexpress/pdf/finalcutexpress3.5_qualdev.pdf

Best,
    JOD8FY

EDIT: Upon re-reading your post a little more carefully, I may or may not have answered your question correctly. You are talking about a camcorder here, right? (You mention hard drive recorder; does that mean that the camera records footage to a hard drive?) Hopefully I answered your question, but sorry if I didn't!

3. dave@toastmedia macrumors member

If your referring to the external 60 gig hard drive, it has no support for timecode yet. My Sony reseller says the company will have drivers for OSX in a few months however.
    It basically means you have to dump the footage in without timecode for now.

4. dave@toastmedia macrumors member

well after much research, I flipped to the panasonic HVX 202 and would have cried if I got sucked into that sony piece of junk ;)