Hw to delete cookies or prevent them completely?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kapalua12, Aug 23, 2014.

1. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

I hate it when web sites know everything about my browsing history and want to know how to delete cookies on a 2014 brand new MBA.

Can anyone help tell me how to keep my browsing history hidden from subsequent websites by preventing cookies on my new MBA 13" ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Click Safari > Private Browsing
    You can also select Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Block cookies and other website data > Always
    To delete existing cookies, go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Remove All Website Data

Be aware that some sites may not function properly or at all without cookies.

3. kapalua12 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Many sites will not work properly or at all these days when it comes to cookies. You need not worry about your personal information anymore.

5. kapalua12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Would it be more accurate to say we need to worry more about our personal information than ever before?

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

What everyone needs to do is make sure and follow your bank accounts, credit and debit cards via the Internet, daily. So many companies have been hacked that are not even telling us. The few you hear about are like the tip of the iceburg.

Worst is that your doctor has digitized all of your medical records which contain all kinds of personal data and uploaded them in the US healthcare database. The is little to no security there.

Best to change your passwords on a regular basis and keep track of your credit.

7. Dweez, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014

Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Surely you don't believe this, do you?

Edit: Ok - I get it now.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is OK, but sad.:(

9. LxHunter macrumors 6502

I use Cookie
    http://sweetpproductions.com
    There are some cookies I want.

10. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Cookies is nothing.

If you don't sign off from Google every time it tracks what you do, what sites you frequent, what search terms you use, then shoot you ads based on them, at least that's what they say they use them for.

If you disable cookies completely, every time you visit a site, however mundane, you have to sign in every time, so you have to decide whether the stuff you are giving up is private enough in exchange for the convenience.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just turn on Private mode. It will clear everything whenever you close the browser.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

We might think so but we do not really know what an iPhone or iPad does in the background. There is so much potential for abuse by the maker or a 3rd party.

I know it sounds paranoid to most but you give up a good bit of your privacy by just having a iPhone on you each day.

13. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

That's where my 1Password kicks in. A happy trade off for me.