Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
I love HyperDock but there is a window preview issue that's bugging me.

When I move my mouse over an open app in my dock, in many cases there is a grey square covering the lower part of the window preview. This always happens when I hover my mouse from an app in the dock that is not open (and thus doesn't have a preview) and then hover my mouse to an app that is open.

HyperDock.jpg

The preview will always show the grey square (which is actually a cutout, because the part of the preview that is missing is shown in the top left hand corner of the preview). I've also tried the Beta version and I have the same issue there.

I am running MacOS 10.13.4 and I also have HyperSwitch running in the background. Does anyone else have this problem too, my OCD is killing me :)

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Is Hyperdock working perfectly for everyone then? No black squares sometimes in the window previews?

freeman1899

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
I have seen such cut outs before. But they seem to happen sporadically and I can not reproduce them. So I don't know how to help you but you are not alone.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Thanks for the response. I thought it was just me as I haven't read anything about it and the developer doesn't respond to emails.

The way you can reproduce it is to move your mouse pointer over apps in your dock that are not open. Then move your mouse to an app in your dock that is open, which will make HyperDock show a thumbnail. That's when the cutout shows up. When you move the mouse pointer between apps that are open, the glitch will not happen.

It's one of things where if you see it once you will always see it and annoy you. At least when you're OCD like me :)

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Thanks for testing it. So it's not just me then :) It doesn't seem to be in active development anymore sadly, but from time to time he does update it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.