HyperDock?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fionars, Jul 21, 2014.

1. fionars macrumors newbie

Hey folks, just installed HyperDock 1.4 and it prompts me to approve its access to the system in accessibility.

However, when I go to the window to do this, HyperDock is not listed as a possible system under accessibility.

What do i need to do to make it appear?

Thanks

2. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Is this what you're looking for?

Also, their site mentions differences between versions downloaded from them and downloaded from the app store. Which way did you acquire Hyperdock?

3. fionars thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for the response.

I have already used their troubleshooting site, nothing appropriate as the app is simply not showing in the menu so nothing to approve/not approve.

I downloaded the free online version and when it did not work I downloaded the app from the app store - so I have both versions!

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have been using HyperDock for years and was unaware there was a free online version. I am wondering if this is not causing you the problem. I purchased my license from them many years ago and had to link the license to the download for it to actually work. You will see from my screenshots posted below how it should all look when working and what your license should look like.

You may need to uninstall both versions and reinstall the App Store version, which I have to assume you paid for, to make it work.

Attached Files:

5. fionars thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, unfortunately even when uninstalling so there is only one running, I consistently find this:

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 18.09.19.png

It is simply not showing up in the list for me to approve access!

My primary reason for installing this is for the snap window sizing tool. Can anyone recommend and alternative program/app?

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Sorry if I was not clear, but I meant to uninstall both versions you have currently first. Then reinstall the App Store version and see if that gives you the access. It may require you to completely uninstall both versions first.

If that does not work, email Christian explaining the problem and he may have a work around for you. He is very quick to respond. It is a great app and I would hate to see you miss out on it. I have used it virtually since it has been around and is one of my favorite apps.