Hyperjuice External battery opinion

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by IndyHazMac, Jul 8, 2011.

1. IndyHazMac macrumors newbie

MacbookPro 15' UniB Mid 2009

I'm heading to a 4 day workshop in August. I've been looking at the Hyperjuice MBP-150 for extended battery life.

I have the option of using the auto adapter to connect to the battery, but what I'll probably do is use the mod kit on one of my extra AC adapters.

Can anyone comment on their experience with the Hyperjuice external batteries? Performance? Any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks.

Greg

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The obvious issue you should be aware of is that Hypermac is not a sanctioned product by Apple. When dealing with power issues it is not safe to use the hacked-together solution Hypermac provides. You will have no recourse if there is an electrical problem.

If you are headed to a workshop, are you really going to be in a place without power receptacles?

3. IndyHazMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Good points.

It's the first time I've attended this workshop, and this venue. I suspect there are plenty of receptacles but was advised to bring extra power if I had it.

I guess what I was looking for was feedback from an actual user of the battery. All reviews I've seen seem to be a little affiliate biased.

Thanks.