Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
I don't think it looks any better than the Hoco bracelet (in fact I prefer the Hoco). Just a big flashy advertising campaign with a guy that sounds like Johnny Ive and a nice video.

NJHitmen

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
I backed this one, slept on it, then withdrew my pledge the next day. The price is right and imo it looks ok...but I don't love it, and I figure if I'm patient, I can eventually get a bracelet design I legitimately like at this price point.

I'm in no rush, and this is just the tip of the iceberg re: accessories for the watch.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr

telefono

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
They tell us the Apple sports band costs $49 but only cost Apple $2 to make, how much will it cost them to make this cheap $49 band ? $1 ?

Good video marketing taken from Apple including the voice. If you can't afford the Apple Link Bracelet this should be ok but don't listen to the crap they tell you, the quality won't be anywhere near the Apple Link Bracelet Quality.

You get what you pay for........

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
MI
They tell us the Apple sports band costs $49 but only cost Apple $2 to make, how much will it cost them to make this cheap $49 band ? $1 ?

Good video marketing taken from Apple including the voice. If you can't afford the Apple Link Bracelet this should be ok but don't listen to the crap they tell you, the quality won't be anywhere near the Apple Link Bracelet Quality.

You get what you pay for........

I agree with the "you get what you pay for" most of the time. However, the link that Apple makes is NOT worth $450. $200-$300 MAYBE.

I decided to stick with the Hoco 3-bead...this band is good, but I don't need another steel band. I'm waiting for the 1:1 replica of the link. I do like the connector style on this band, though. I like the connectors that blend into the watch rather than those that look like a connector.

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
I had backed this for the black color one....but after seeing similar stuff at half price on ali express, I am quite convinced that this is not as good as it seems.

I withdrew my pledge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.