Hyperlink in PDf not working in some browsers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 1mikeg, Mar 10, 2013.

1. 1mikeg macrumors newbie

Using MS Word (Office 2011), I added a hyperlink (to a .PPTX in Dropbox). Saved the document as a PDF (Adobe Acrobat X Pro v 10.1.6). Opened the PDF and the hyperlink doesn't work. This seems to be a well documented problem (with no apparent solution) so I edited the hyperlink in the PDF - easy enough. The hyperlink now opens in Firefox and IE, but not in Safari or Chrome. BTW, I'm running OS X 10.8.2
    Any ideas on how to get the hyperlinks to open in these other browsers?
    Thanks

2. jrm725 macrumors newbie

Not really sure what you're trying to accomplish here. If it doesn't open in a user's default browser (my guess is that your spreading this around to a few people), the OS will ask how someone wants to open the link. Not really a big problem.

3. 1mikeg thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess that I don't understand why the link will work on some browsers and will not work on others - the "bad" link works to the extent that it takes you to dropbox and you get an error message. Sorry if my description is amateurish - my ignorance....

We do send this PDF to this Powerpoint as a training aid to over 200 people on out team.