Hyperlink problem with Iweb-made site

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by porcus-belle, Jul 12, 2013.

1. porcus-belle macrumors newbie

porcus-belle

I am a newcomer to making a website and managing it. I used iWeb (version 3.0.4) to create it and then published using GoDaddy. My site, by the way is www.rapport-consensus.com.

On each page I have 5 pages with a bar of links to all of these across the top. When I publish and go to the "Welcome" page only two of the other four pages are active. Rolling over "Blog" and "Services" does not access a hyperlink, no change in color, nada. Yet when I do go to one of the two links that do work, (in my page "Past Projects" and "More About Me" , then the two others ("Blog" and "Services" ) are active.

One other small glitch is that even when "Services" is active, you get it's hyperlink by pointing the cursor slightly to the right of the word.

I have perused other similar problem descriptions on MacRumors, and occasionally seen advice about adjusting the HTML code. But I am unclear as to how one accesses the code to make any changes, when using iWeb.

Thanks for any help and advice:eek:

2. Sebct macrumors member

The problem appears to be the shadow image placed behind the picture of the man. It's overlapping the two hyperlinks you mentioned above. If you move that down, or adjust the menu-layer-positioning (no idea if possible in iWeb) to top, it should work.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Just something else I noticed on your Service Page. Text and images are overlapping. You may want to address it.

4. porcus-belle thread starter macrumors newbie

porcus-belle

Big time thanks for spotting that and also for your comment about alignment on the "services" page. Both have been corrected and the links are working perfectly now. :D