Hypoallergenic watch band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by r12345, Dec 13, 2016.

1. r12345 macrumors newbie

r12345

I'm allergic to nickel. Any suggestions for bands? Thank you.

2. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

You can paint over the back side of the pin on the sports band with clear nail polish. The leather loop doesn't have any metal touching your skin either.

3. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

If you splurge, you can get the ceramic model, which (I believe) comes with a ceramic pin in its sports band.

Also, in case nobody told you already, the best watch colors for you should be plain silver aluminum, gold aluminum, and polished steel (apart from the pricier ceramic and now-discontinued 18k gold models). The rose gold aluminum, space gray aluminum, and black-coated steel use nickel in the coloring process, according to Apple (at last that's what I remember).

Do items made from 316L stainless steel normally cause a reaction?

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would go with the leather loop.

5. r12345 thread starter macrumors newbie

r12345

I'm a runner so I've asked for the Nike silver aluminum watch. I would like a second band for when I don't want it to be so casual.

I do react to most watches and costume jewelry. I have a Movado with a stainless steel band that I'm fine with.

6. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

Since your Movado doesn't bother you I would suggest waiting and seeing if it bothers your skin because it might not.

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Perhaps. Being every metal is a different composition.