Hypothesis for iphone5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rendy0212, Mar 9, 2011.

1. rendy0212 macrumors newbie

rendy0212

Just throwing out an idea for general discussion.

I have seen quite a few articles hinting toward a "smaller" iphone. What if the "smaller" iphone is the continued offerring of tbe iphone 4? Makes sense considering white 4 is coming out this spring according to apple. So apple would finally have two offerrings in mobile platforms. That is assuming iphone 5 gets 4" screen and new form factor - rumored to be aluminum unibody or carbon fiber. There already is a market for apples previous hardware with introduction of 3g for $99 and now 3gs for $49.

May also see expansion of older hardware to ither carriers- Tmobile and Sprint...

Thoughts/comments?

2. Bartboy919 macrumors member

Bartboy919

I don't know where this redesign crap is coming from. One can safely assume that apple spent a bunch of money on the iPhone 4's R&D, especially when it came to case design, why the hell would they change it to more of an iPod touch look? I hate how the back of my iPhone 3G is curved, and hope they stick with a flat back to the iPhone 5.

3. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Well, even after all that money was spent they still screwed up on the antenna design. Granted, it's not as big a deal as the media makes it out to be, but it still is an unwanted issue.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's actually what I've been thinking as well. We'll see.

5. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

I hate the brick-style form factor of the iPhone 4. It's not nearly as comfortable to hold as the 2G (original), 3G, or 3GS. The original at least had beveled corners.

6. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Yeah I go agree. I love the design of the iPhone 4.. but it just doesn't feel as good in the hand as the iPhone 3Gs which I previously owned. I really hope they do have the aluminium backing to the iPhone 5, like they did on the original iPhone.

7. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

Bring back the organic iPhone design!
    Feels much better to hold in your hand, and not as easy to drop.

Think about how sexy an iPhone would be if it had curved glass on the back!

8. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I agree with you.
    The previous rumors about a smaller iPhone (3.5" edge to edge) would be great to go against the Android overtake, and a 4" iPhone 5 would be the best.
    And since Sprint and T-Mobile are planning on a merger, then it might be easier for Apple to let them have the iPhone too. Thus, hitting Android where it hurts.

Sorry, but the iPhone 4 design has been plagued with bad media coverage and negativity. I'd be surprised if Apple didn't change the design of the phone.