(Hypothetical) A New Level of Customization for iPhone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ctt713, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Ctt713 macrumors member

As many people already know, the new iPhone's back plate is easily user removed (just two simple screws and you slide the back off). What if a company started to produce new backs for the iPhones. Not just the glass but I am talking about rubberized backs or stainless steel backs or maybe even bamboo backs. Not only would just eliminate the possibility of the glass breaking, it would provide a level of customization iPhone users really haven't gotten. You would not have to worry about antenna issues(besides the ones now) because it is now placed on the side. Maybe this is not possible but I don't see why not as long as it is machined well. Personally, a brushed aluminum back would look extremely classy while adding some functionality. Just a thought.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm 100% sure we will see just what you are talking about in the upcoming months.

3. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

That's a good observation!
    I'm sure some company will do it, the question is whether or not Apple will oppose it and start voiding warranties.

4. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

5. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

:) Hoping for a merge. I guess this thread title was more grabbing.

6. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Haha yeah don't take it personally. ;) In all likelihood this thread will die just as quickly and 2 hours later another will pop up that gets 100+ replies. The ebb and flow of internet forums is as mysterious and unpredictable as the weather. :rolleyes:

7. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

This forum especially. See what were doing here! Not even talking about the original thread.

Carbon Fiber.

8. Ctt713 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry if someone already posted this! Lately the forums have been moving so fast it is hard to keep up. Carbon fiber would also be a great functional idea. I really hope that this comes together soon I am willing to fork over some cash for a nice one!