HyVee joins CVS and Rite-Aid

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IAhawk10, Nov 4, 2014.

1. IAhawk10 macrumors newbie

The HyVee I shop at in Iowa has disabled nfc payments within the last week as well. I used Apple Pay at my local store on launch day. I see they are part of the MCX group too. Has anyone else in the Midwest noticed this too? Would be great to put some pressure on them as well just like many have been doing for CVS...

2. brgjoe macrumors member

My HyVee doesn't have NFC readers yet. But am not happy they are apparently going with the other group.

My Casey's General Stores does have NFC readers. But they aren't activated yet. Or maybe they are turned off on purpose. Who knows?

Anyone know anything about Farm King? Kmart?

All I know is, the grocery store that starts accepting Apple Pay will be the one I will be patronizing the most.

3. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Hy-Vee is just starting to migrate into the Twin Cities. When I lived in Iowa I shopped there often. When it comes to groceries I don't give two hoots if the store uses Apple Pay. I prefer that it did, but it would not change my habits. I'll shop based on price, convenience, and quality. In my area that means Cubs and Target for most things and Byerly's for produce and the butcher counter.