I <3 Speck

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by E3BK, Nov 26, 2009.

1. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I've always loved my white/red candyshell. But like many, the plastic near the dock connector cracked. Still totally usable but I know it's there. So I emailed Speck to see what I needed to to do get a warranty replacement. I didn't have to do anything. They shipped me a brand new one (but only had the white/grey in stock but I was ok with that) ASAP.

Also, I got the new Speck SeeThru case in black and it's become my favorite case. I love even more than my iSkin Solo. The shell is hard like the Candyshell but it's much thinner, obv. because it doesn't have the silicone lining. So yes, it's less shock absorbent but also much sleeker. Volume & power buttons are also easier to push than on the Candyshell. It's a tight fit but you can still use a BSE on it if you like, but only if you don't plan on switching cases often. With a BSE on, it takes a little more effort but totally doable. For me..I took a deep breath and took the BSE off. There's a lip sp you can feel comfortable putting the iPhone face down on a table. The hard shell is sleek, slides in/out of pockets easily but doesn't feel too slippery. Overall, pretty great case.

I had pics but can't seem to find them now. Will take some new ones and post soon but the black case on white iPhone looks great!

EDIT: 12.2.09
    I finally put the replacement case on today and the silicone lining on the bottom volume button was thicker so it was pressing the volume down constantly, couldn't turn it up and make it stay. So I emailed them and asked if I could send this one back. They responded within a couple of hours with a tracking # for another new one. Yay!

2. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Never had good luck with speck cases they seem to scratch every laptop i have.

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Cool! I was wondering how that would look.

Personally, I love Speck because of their Twitter discount code thingie they had going yesterday; I got a green Candyshell (looks to be a bright apple green with kind of a neon-ish green silicone layer) for less than $25 shipped. Dunno if it's still going, but the code was TWITTERBELLS, and I believe applied to either the solid red or solid green case. They did specify that quantities were limited, so the promo may have ended.

4. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

thats odd
    I emailed them twice about the same issue about 6 months ago
    never got so much as a response

5. E3BK thread starter macrumors 68020

E3BK

Really? That's odd. I've heard from others that their CS is top notch and I totally agree. You should try emailing them again. <customerservice@speckproducts.com> Maybe 3rd times a charm?

6. Djroids macrumors newbie

They sell speck candy shells in the AT&T store and those look pretty sweet

7. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

I am torn between a Satin black and a Clear Black one... agh!
    What do you guys think of the Satin ones? I use my MBP alot at home on a stand hooked to an external display. Would the cover have heat issues?