I absolutely LOATH changes to screenshots

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by -Ray-, Jun 26, 2017.

1. -Ray- macrumors regular

-Ray-

I find it quite a nuisance that when taking a screenshot, tools come up to edit the image right away. Its my belief that this should be an after action, perhaps in the photos app.

Taking a screenshot now became a two part action and it is not as seamless as in the past.

2. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

You must be crazy, thats one of the best changes of iOS 11. I downgraded back to iOS 10 cause some of my apps werent working properly. But i absolutely miss that feature.

3. OriginalClone macrumors 6502

OriginalClone

I love it. I usually have to crop a screenshot then send it. Now I can skip going to photos and editing the photo. I can send it faster. You can always ignore the little window that pops up..it goes away in a couple seconds anyway.

4. drysdalk macrumors member

Hi,

Two things that might help: you can either just wait and the little thumbnail will disappear on its own; or you can flick it off the side of the screen to immediately dismiss it. Either way, it will then go straight to your camera roll without you actually having to tap on the thumbnail and then interact with the image.

5. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

It does improve workflow for things you do when you take a screenshot, but sometimes it's a nuisance if you just want a quick one. Although I thought after a screenshot, if you don't take any action on it, it goes away on its own?

6. atlchamp macrumors 65816

youre crazy its my favorite feature of ios 11

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I agree with the OP, it takes twice as long to save a screenshot now. I have to open it up to save it (unless I'm doing it wrong). I hardly ever mark up screenshots.

8. mariusignorello macrumors 6502a

People were dying for this feature. But to each his own.

9. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Thank you. I did not know you could flick it. Still a second action but better than having to open it to save it.

11. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

You don’t even have to flick it. Just ignore it and it will go away and the screen shot is still saved.

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

How long tho? What happens if you take multiple screenshots back to back? Does it capture the little thumbnail in the bottom on the second screenshot?

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Second screenshot slides in from of the first one and iOS smartly removes the little preview window from the second screenshot. I LOVE this new feature. So much faster to share screenshots now.

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Fantastic. Okay, I feel better about it now. I thought I had to manually save each screenshot, and then I had to manually save it between screenshots as well.

15. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

No it's actually a surprisingly well thought out process.

16. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

Why don't you send feedback to Apple to improve it? Maybe auto dismiss the thumbnail after 3-5 seconds if you don't interact with it and it just autosaves.

17. bcaslis macrumors 68020

It already does this.

18. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

That's awesome lol I didn't know, thanks!

19. Jimmyjamh macrumors member

Gotta say it’s one of the best new features for me. Usually if I’m taking a screenshot it’s because I’m sending it somehwhere.

20. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

About 3 or 4 seconds. Great feature and not sure what there is to object to since you either use it, swipe it or ignore it.

If you take multiple screen shots it stacks them like a deck.

21. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

I'll say this.. they should include a feature to turn it off. I personally like the change but talking with a few other developer friends.. they dislike it. So an option switch would be perfect for this type of thing.

22. OriginalClone macrumors 6502

OriginalClone

You don’t have to open it to save it. It saves automatically.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2017 ---
    It doesn’t save the pip window of the screenshot if you quickly take another screenshot.

23. TurboPGT! macrumors 68000

It is a massive improvement, and understanding the options helps.

24. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

I'm with most others here. I love this. 99% of the time when I take a screenshot, it is to immediately send to someone or markup/edit and then send to someone.

25. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

I think that’s true of most people, most of the time. The design does a great job of surfacing that workflow. Even better, the automatic (or manual slide) background save covers that other portion. It’s one of the most elegant and thoughtful pieces of UI/UX design I’ve seen in iOS (or even elsewhere) for a while.