Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hydro94530

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
Hi all. So I have a complete TV series on my phone all working fine but I accidentally erased the originals that were on my PC and linked to my iTunes. Is there any way to get these back on my PC from my phone or will iTunes delete them as soon as I try and sync since the linked ones on PC are no longer there? Thanks in advance for any help.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi all. So I have a complete TV series on my phone all working fine but I accidentally erased the originals that were on my PC and linked to my iTunes. Is there any way to get these back on my PC from my phone or will iTunes delete them as soon as I try and sync since the linked ones on PC are no longer there? Thanks in advance for any help.
Look up Phoneview or similar file system browsing software. You may be able to browse the file system and pull your videos off. Fair warning though that if you manage this the videos will have gibberish names that make sense only to iOS.

Reactions: hydro94530

hydro94530

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
Look up Phoneview or similar file system browsing software. You may be able to browse the file system and pull your videos off. Fair warning though that if you manage this the videos will have gibberish names that make sense only to iOS.

Thanks so much I'll give this a try. So just to confirm, if I were to sync my phone right now I'd lose them all right?

Reactions: 44267547

hydro94530

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
Yep. Sync is usually one way on this kind of thing.

yeah I had a feeling it would.
[doublepost=1492924355][/doublepost]Strange. These videos are listed under home videos on my phone and iTunes which is normal but none of these programs can see them for some reason. Thanks for the help though, I'll have to keep digging. They're there and taking up many gigs of space so there's gotta be a way!!

Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.