I accidentally ordered two iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chloe625, Jun 17, 2010.

  1. chloe625 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    #1
    Amidst the chaos that was Tuesday, I finally managed to place an order on Apple.com for an iPhone 4. Or so I thought, but the page timed out and I never got a confirmation page, email, or charge on my credit card. I assumed the order never went through, so I placed another one successfully. Later I got order confirmations on both. Both orders state prices of $199 for the 16gb phones, but this doesn't seem possible since I only have one line eligible for upgrade. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

    My sister wants the extra phone should it actually arrive; but couldn't this cause problems? She is also on AT&T but since the phone would be under my name, I don't see how that could work. What would happen if she tried to activate it? Any advice is appreciated.
     
  2. motodroid macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
  3. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2003
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    #3
    IF they don't cancel one of the orders, and you receive both, once she activates the second phone, YOU will be charged the difference between the subsidized price and full price. So you'd better make sure she wants a $600 iPhone.
     
  4. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

    macuserx86

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2006
    #4
    Get both of them and have elaborate conversations with yourself using FaceTime.
     
  5. macabee09 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2009
    #5
    FTW!!!
     
  6. allmanbrother macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2010
    Location:
    United States
    #6
    Hahahaha. If they don't cancel I would explain it to them, Apple is very understanding and I'm sure they would take care of it.
     
  7. menist macrumors regular

    menist

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2010
    #7
    You should try to cancel the second order. I've heard They'll charge you full retail price for the second one, once shipped. That's cause you only qualify for one upgrade.
     
  8. playafly187 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2009
    #8
    Even if charged $600, you could still eBay it and make a profit I would suspect.
     
  9. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2003
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    #9
    If you did keep it I would say sell it. Your sisters not worth $600. :D
     
  10. chloe625 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    #10
    Yeah I noticed eBay prices are insanely high. I don't understand why, can't anyone go into Apple and just buy an iPhone 4 for $599 without a contract? Why are some people paying $800+ on eBay?
     
  11. bushbaby macrumors 6502

    bushbaby

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2007
    Location:
    SoCal
    #11
    The same thing happened to me. It's very simple.

    Go to Apple.com, store, and account (right side top of screen). Then check your order status. You'll see the two difference orders. Make sure both have delivery dates of June 24 and delete one of them.

    This way you don't run any risk of having both cancelled. Or being overcharged.
     
  12. Lifesuxsbad macrumors regular

    Lifesuxsbad

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2010
    #12


    HAHA!! Nice!!
     
  13. Munitalp macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    #13
    They are either scammers or in countries that aren't getting them.
     
  14. Fuizer macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2008
    #14
    I would definitely try to cancel it so someone else out there who got screwed on pre-order day will maybe get their iPhone 4 on launch day. If so many people hadn't spent their entire day trying to pre-order and never getting through I wouldn't be saying this, however many many people spent their whole day trying to order and never even got through.

    If there wasn't a shortage of iPhone 4's I would say to definitely post it on eBay and make a profit, however there is a shortage and many people did get screwed out of a pre-order. Make it fair to them and cancel the second phone.
     
  15. abercrombie macrumors regular

    abercrombie

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2008
    Location:
    Parent's Basement
    #15
    Yea, I was considering selling an extra on eBay but too much risk especially on foreign soil. Domestically, relatively safe but even then, the buyer can do a charge back with Item Not As Described with their credit card company and that's a lose lose situation.
     
  16. Brymo macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2007
    #16
    Have fun making a nice profit on the one you don't want.

    Just sell it, as is. (If you can.)
     

Share This Page