I accidentally pre-order 3 watches

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gabo864, Apr 10, 2015.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

So I was gonna get 2 space gray sport 38mm and 42mm, but when I did it the first time I thought it didn't go through, but it turns out it did! And now I have three processing orders. What should I do?

I thought about canceling it tomorrow but I've heard stories about orders being delayed because of changes made to the orders or items being cancelled! I did receive three different orders numbers though. What should I do?

2. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Call Apple customer service.

Cancel some, so some of us can get ours sooner! :D

3. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I would call and see if you can cancel. If not, let them ship to you and create a return for the ones you don't want. I'd imagine the day after a launch the phone lines will be busy.

4. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I had a similar problem ... I placed 3 orders but didn't get confirmation on the first. The next 2 came in right away.

I had this happen a few years ago with an iPhone. That first order was canceled by Apple the next day saying it was an error and couldn't be processed.

6. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Same here. I meant to order 3 and ended up with 4. Hoping they won't just automatically cancel all of them. I really didn't find anything that specifically stated I could only place 2 orders per account. I guess we'll wait and see!

7. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

I dont think they will to be honest. I ordered 2 for a very genuine reason: one for myself and one for my lovely gf :D

8. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I just called apple and they answered pretty quickly! I was actually surprised! I gave her the order number and she said she was not able to pull it up, that I'd have to call back later when it's been processed. :( but yeah I think maybe I should wait and just return what I don't need lol

9. chrisperra macrumors member

chrisperra

I ordered 3 in separate orders. I have three people who need one. Sure hope they don't cancel them all if they cancel any.

I did this with iPhone 6 last September, and they didn't cancel any of them. They let them ship so I'm hopeful. I'll call tomorrow to be sure.

10. Planey28 macrumors 6502

You have to wait a while for the order to be processed by their system, once it has started processing you can cancel the order online via your account.

11. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Me too. Ordered a 38mm Silver/White for my wife (surprise!!!!), and then honest to goodness could not make up my mind between the space gray and silver 42mm, so I ordered both. The 4th one was actually because I wasn't sure the first 38mm went through.

12. AFDoc macrumors 68030

basically you're telling us you're a spazz, couldn't wait for the confirmation and HAD to re-order it..... right?

13. wbitsky macrumors member

How did you reach apple support? Aren't they closed right now?

14. cardfan macrumors 65816

I got a black sport. Saw the may shipping and changed mind to SS with classic buckle. I may just wait to receive it though and throw on ebay. If the status is June already on grey sport, I imagine it's only going to get worse.

15. leeingham macrumors 6502

If you're in the UK I might have the 42mm space grey sport of you. I've pre-ordered the 38mm but dunno if it's to small so currently on a train to a store to find out and if not I don't want to wait till June lol

16. Jackmalyono macrumors newbie

buy it and re sell it to people who will be getting their watches late :D:D add extra bucks