I accidentally purchased an App? Any way to get a refund

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rimmi2002, Jul 9, 2011.

1. rimmi2002 macrumors member

HI I followed a link from a site saying the app was free for a limited time. I clicked install without checking that is was no longer free. On top of that I had just installed an app minutes prior to that and it did not ask for verification and just installed the app. I stopped the download and deleted that app from the ipad, but I'm sure I'll have to pay for it. Any way I can ask for a refund or should I just call my creditcard company and tell them to refuse the payment. Any advice on what I can do? Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Apple has been known to give refunds under certain circumstances. Try calling them.

3. rimmi2002 thread starter macrumors member

How do I call or contact them. I couldn't find a reasonable number. Anyone which is the best direct number to call them for a issue like this? Thanks.

4. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I haven't done this, but I believe there is a way inside iTunes to Report a Problem. I think it was under your account info, purchase history, and report a problem.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If it's the first time you've "accidentally" downloaded an unwanted app by mistake, they'll credit your iTunes account, but if it happens a 2nd time they'll probably NOT credit your account. Just call them as the previous poster mentioned...

6. finchwizard macrumors member

finchwizard

macappstore_english_us_support@apple.com

Email them.
    Explain the situation.

Provide them with the order number of the purchase.

(Which you can get from logging into your account in iTunes and viewing your purchase history.)

7. mutchy126 macrumors regular

Here is how to get a Refund!

I found a Video on CNET on how to get a Refund on iTunes itself:
    http://adf.ly/2CNZf