I Accidentally The Whole Aperture : (

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by X-JRO, Aug 15, 2010.

1. X-JRO macrumors member

So... I was using Mac Keeper I think. And I had it scan for duplicate files, 'cause I knew I'd like 3-4 versions of the same photos everywhere due to me being unorganised and taking pictures from another computer etc.

Anyway, so I had it delete the duplicate files... and Aperture cracked it.

All my photos now have that little yellow icon on the bottom right and it says they cannot locate the masters. All the photos are there still - is there anyway I can just copy Apertures versions of the photos...

Sorry for the lack of info, I don't know what I'm doing...

Thanks

-X

2. SnoFlo macrumors regular

SnoFlo

Hmm, it sounds like you are using Referenced Masters (your main pics are outside the Aperture library) and Aperture was linked to the duplicate files you deleted. If this is the case you can do one of two things: either find your original pictures (if you're sure they're still there!) and import them into Aperture OR go to "File" in the Aperture menu and select "Locate Referenced Files". You will then have to point Aperture to where the images are and Aperture will link back to them.

3. belltree macrumors 6502

X-JRO What did you end up doing? Were you able to recover? Please share. Thanks.

4. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs