I accidently posted on the wrong thread it was suppose to be here....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lo0k1, Sep 30, 2008.

1. lo0k1 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I recently received a iphone from my buddy, he initially had a service plan with it. When he gave it to me it was locked.. he also told me that he did a master reset and he believes its V1.0 but i have no idea of telling how.... and he is currently deployed in Turkmenistan. I am trying to unlock and jailbreak the phone. Any help would be great.

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

When you say locked I assume you mean it is not "hacked" rather than it has been passcode locked.

If you are unsure of the firmware version the first thing you can do is put it into field test mode. Do this by sliding for emergency...then dial the following:

*3001#12345#*

This will allow you to check your firmware. If the phone has not been activated use the following to determine which version you are running:

03.12.06_G - firmware version 1.0.0
    03.14.08_G - firmware version 1.0.1 or 1.02
    04.01.13_G - firmware version 1.1.1
    04.02.04_G - firmware version 1.1.1

I gave you this chart because you indicated you thought the phone was still on 1.0.

After you determine the firmware version you can then download a Jailbreaking program that is appropriate. Ziphone is handy and easy. You can also try iLiberty. There are still version of this software floating around on the web that will work with 1.x.x. In fact I have a 1.1.4 phone I used Ziphone on and it worked nicely.

Regardless, if your phone is on any version under 2.0 you should be able to use any of the older unlock/jailbreak programs.

Hope this helps!