I almost got mobbed 100% today

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thomahawk, Oct 26, 2008.

1. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

Alright so im just chilling at the mall and all and after im done its about 6pm, i go to the bus stop to wait for the bus. and these guys with hoodies they looked like from another high school. anyways they come up to me and start hustling me up for money like "dude can i borrow a dollar" i tell them straight off "NO" and they were like "aw comon dont be like that" but then i just told them to leave me alone. Anyways like 5-10 minutes later, still waiting for the bus. I see the same dudes with the hoodies about a couple yards away from me and they seemed to be like amassing! like they were calling their buddies over together. i was like, oh ****! So i got up and started walking (i made a big mistake, i walked away from the mall rather into the mall to ask for security) and you know its waikiki its a pretty scary place at night so i start walking away crossing the street looking for other bus stops and the group was FOLLOWING ME! yes like a mob! so i started to walk faster and they did the same. i started to think that i was going to die and never see the morning sun.. My luck just got worst, it was a crosswalk and the thing said "dont walk" just some luck huh.. so they were right behind me and they started talking to me acting all tough like a mafia or something.

Im pretty adept in judo and aikido along with some chinese martial arts but theres no way in hell i can take on like 10+ ppl. they started pushing me and getting a lil rough and once the crosswalk said "walk" i upped one in the goods and turned around and trucked the 2 ppl standing in my way football style and "forest gump"ed it like i have never did before in track season, i coulda sworn i did a 10 second 100 meter dash (im about a 13-14sec 100m dasher, not really good but good enough) the group starts running after me and i just keep running. as i ran i saw a police car at one of the red lights. so i stopped and banged on his window crying for help. but lmao, he got out and told me get the hell on the ground (i guess he thought i was trying to jack the car lol) but anyways he calmed down after my constant yelling for help, saying there was a mob trying to hurt me.

i was safe after i saw the cop, but i dont know if the ppl were still following me even before i saw the police car. but i felt safe and he took me home and all is done.

i dont know how ppl can be like this. getting together to beat up this one person (me) its pretty scary what ppl do these days.. ugh.. maybe they were on drugs or sumtin idk but goddamn i thought i was going to die thank god i was still in shape or rather got in shape in time (i recently had knee surgery)

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

lol crying like a bitch.

glad to hear your ok.

3. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

I'm glad you're okay, but the thread title is a little inaccurate ;)

4. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

lol well hows the title now?
    i dont know how to title it but i mainly made this thread to tell my story

and yea im thankful to be unhurt today

5. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

How old are you? Was this in Hawaii or Japan?

6. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

7. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

hawaii, lol i put japan as my location cuz thats where im from

8. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Just so it doesn't look like I'm going mad, the previous title was "Almost died today.. scary" :)

9. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I always get mobbed (I'm a famous heart throb in Australia). Usually they just go away if I give them one of my T-shirts or sign their autograph book. The key is to not show teenage girls fear.

10. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

It's those beautiful eyes... that exquisite voice... and those pert buttocks.

A mouth watering combination, I'm sure you'll agree ;)

Showing them a bit of leg helps too, I reckon.

:D

11. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

How Japanese are you? No offense but, in my experience, Japanese people don't have street smarts. They're not necessary in Japan so they never develop them.

12. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I added you to my favorite members list chilipie :).

You've obviously never watched Akira.

13. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

develop street smarts?!? is that a stereotyping of japanese or sumtin?!? well idk about that. in japan you really ahve to be careful theres a lot of crazy ppl in the cities. mostly drunk and psychopatics running off and about. i recently just heard sumtin about some old man starting slashing ppl with his knife at night in akihabira a few weeks ago or sumtin you have to know whether to run or be a clueless one

14. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I hope this thread devolves into anecdotes about which country's inhabitants are the most street smart and better at self defense. There can never be enough testosterone on macrumors.

15. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Score ;)

Here in Shropshire, we often have to fend off... farmers and... that. Also, I once nearly got run over by an electric milk float :eek:

I'm going back on topic now! Did the fuzz catch up with this 'mob' or did they just run away?

16. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

I guess it is different. If I went to Japan, I'd have no idea some random Japanese guy might start stabbing me because he was picked on in shogakkou. But it's not something avoidable with street smarts. It's just a freak incident.

I'm racking my brains. What part of Akira are you referring to? I just keep picturing intestines spilling out. Is that what you consider street smarts? :p

17. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

well i dont know. i told them that they had these brown and black hoodies but i couldnt see their faces.. cept for the 1 that started asking me about money. they said they cant do much cuz of the lack of description. the main concern was that i was unharmed and got home safetly

18. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

Could it be that they were just trying to scare you? Sorry for writing so many posts-can't sleep.

19. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

It's amazing what being in a mob does to people, I was once chased around my school by a mob of 15-20 students half of which I was on friendly terms with prior to that day.

20. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

How did that start? Maybe I've just been lucky or maybe I'm just not worth chasing. :(

21. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

possibly, and if they did then they did it right. >_< but to me they seemed like they wanted to jack my wallet and my ipod touch (i'll never give her up!) . but if they really wanted a fight i woulda given them a good one. but i thought about it and its rather a wiser decision to run than to fight and lose (unless your chuck norris, steven seagal, jackie chan, or jet li then you got nothing to worry about)

22. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

I'd happily give up all my Apple gear if it meant getting away unharmed... after all, you did almost die. Someone needs to sort their priorities out ;)

23. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

lol i wouldnt give it up to thugs who just want to cause trouble or hurt others

i rather give my ipod to a organization that could use the money for it like... starving children, umm the genocide in africa all that. but if i were to give it up for my family and well.. a girl.. then YES definetly

24. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

are you 日本人?

its true that japanese don't have much street smarts. Its totally safe here and we are pretty easy going about things. I hate how bikers just zoom all over the place. Not sure what this has to do with anything. Glad your okay :D

25. thomahawk thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

はいわたしは日本人

cept i dont live in japan im a hawaii boy