I almost got mugged today.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by newpie16, Oct 30, 2010.

1. newpie16 macrumors newbie

Hey. Im 16 yeard old student of high school. October 30th me and my 4 buddies driving a car and looking for any halloween jams ( big house open door party ) so we found one but we got rejected beacuse it was over. So we decieded to steal some pumpkins. We had some fun stuff going on. So when they guy was dropping my friend off on a street i got off too , to get on a bus and go home. That was around 10: 10 pm , i got to the bus stop and i see those 5 black guys in a bus shelter.

They started waving at me trying to get me attention to go there and have a talk. I was talkin to my parents on a phone while they were waving. When i finished a talk i decided to go and see whats up. ( im white ). they asked me if i know any jams that are going on. We had a little convo .

Then a taller guy who seemed older ( around 18 ) asked me where am i goin
    i replied home , then they asked me if i have money , about my slefphone and stuff. I started kreeping out, i got outside and called my friend who just dropped off my friend i told him to get here and pick me up cuz they are tryin to mug and stuff. My friends are big like big massive body and muscles on. tough guys around my age. WHen they got there they got out of the car. We had a talk on. Black guys just left.

2. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

Yeah, it does sound like at least a couple of them were interested in your possessions. It's certainly risky to approach a group of guys unknown to you late at night, especially when you're alone and have valuables on you. Lesson for next time, I guess.

3. newpie16 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i know it. But when i was crossing the road they were pointing fingers at me and having a talk. They would come to me anyways or i would get on a bus with them. I think i made a pretty good decistion about that.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

So you feel they almost mugged you because they asked if you had money and about your cellphone? If they wanted to mug you they had plenty of time before your friend came back for you.

I also find this to be a weird thread to create as your first post here at Mac Rumors.

5. newpie16 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i know. i just googled it up about gettin mugged and i read this story from this site , so i decided to share too. They would but there were some people around thats why they asked me at what stop i get off , they could just follow me.

6. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

So you weren't even talking in an iPhone? Whut?? Kidding.

Very odd explanation for joining Macrumors. Welcome. I think.

7. newpie16 thread starter macrumors newbie

not an iphone. Had this nice slide n touch new cellphone. It doesnt matter.

8. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Wait wait wait, are saying that you got into a car with an unknown group of people? Are you nuts? Never, EVER get into an unknown vehicle with an unknown group of people. NEVER!

And this is a pretty gigantic detail to the story that you need to say explicitly in your description of the events.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

One time, I almost got stabbed by a white guy. He was white, but he may as well have been black. It certainly would have been more convenient for me. How else am I supposed to tell good people apart from the bad?

Black people are supposed to roll me for $100 as I walk down the street, while white guys are only supposed to rob me slowly of all my savings, and only while wearing a nice suit and working on Wall St. A white guy physically attacking me? That's messed up. Who do I trust now!!?

10. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

I think he was saying that he got outside of the bus shelter...

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I think he joined the group of unknown people in a bus shelter. And when his friends came he went outside the bus shelter?

Where were these inside bus shelters when I was commuting in winter in NYC?

12. newpie16 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i went out of the bus shelter , i would never sit in a car. i got out and called my friends. And shelters are in Toronto :)

and excuse me guys for english not that good with it yet

13. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Violence comes in all colors ... has nothing to do with race

14. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Ahh. Yes, for winters in Toronto you guys deserve those kinds of bus shelters.

15. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

16. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

This story doesn't jive as a mugging or an "almost mugging" at that. I've been robbed at gunpoint a couple times before received a fair share of beat downs even got stuck in the knee with a knife, those guys sound more like they were just ****ing with you.

Next time don't have your friends do something stupid like drop you off in the middle of nowhere. And why in the hell would you walk up to a bunch of strangers?

The cops would think you were on dope or attempting to buy if it had gone badly, sounds like you are holding something back or practicing a convincing story to cover for something here (even to convince yourself perhaps). Whatever those guys were up to was probably none of your business if you are as innocent as you claim. Nothing in that story really adds up.

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You really need to start learning about the 'real' world. The best way to gain a better understanding of what you're up against is to watch more movies, particularly those starring Ice Cube in the 1990s.

Avoid comedies like Sister Act, which are so far removed from reality that they only serve to cloud your judgement by causing you to let your guard down. Never let your guard down. That Whoopie Goldberg has no idea. Trust me.

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Well I didn't get cose to being mugged but, I was sitting on a bench downtown talking on a cell and this guy around my age intentionally sits by me asking how I am doing and what's up. I said, "dude, I am on the phone here what you want?" and he got up and left

The nerve man!

Probably all intimidating in my motorcycle jacket and a beanie haha

19. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

the Aryan Brothers do not wear suits ... as I said ... violence can come from anywhere ... you yourself should watch OZ for a dose of reality.:cool:

20. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I think... I think... Abstract is calling upon his dark sense of humour here... Don't take him too seriously.

21. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I almost got mugged in New Zealand. I was in the town of Nelson and had a backpack and tripod attached to the backpack and two dudes started asking me what was in my bag and telling me to show them or they were going to rip it off of me. Me, not knowing NZ laws hardly wanted in a scuffle in a foreign country (especially while I was on R and R from my job since if Id lose my job if I got into trouble abroad) so I kept walking. They started to follow so I unclipped my tripod which would have leveled them both had I started swinging it. I made it to my hotel parking lot and they turned and left.

The thing was I knew they were being shady too when I saw them on the street. I should have went the other way but I figured I was just being paranoid and kept walking. They had a very large umbrella that had a thick metal shaft (almost like it wasn't part of the umbrella) and it was on a sunny day and they were looking around all nervous.

22. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I believe Abstract was being sarcastic and mocking the OP, not a statement of belief. As the OP found it important to point out that he is white and they were black.

I would avoid any group of guys I don't know calling me over to their side of the street for no apparent reason. Though night time would make me even more apprehensive.

I know someone will point out that a group of women can be just as dangerous. Though true, not many guys could avoid a group of women calling them over. Sort of like a moth to a flame, a dog after a bouncy ball or a cat to tuna:rolleyes:.

23. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Of course if it is a group of men carrying around cameras and you are a woman go for it! I am sure it's legit.....See you later on Red Tube! :D

24. newpie16 thread starter macrumors newbie

no i dont hide anything from this story and why would i ? i tell the truth and telling how was it. and just like a said u guys said dont come up to them, i would meet them on a bus anyways