Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
How nice to have a 3D printer :)

I wanted to know how the fit would be on my wrist with my SS and Ultra together.
After some CAD drawing and 3D printing work, I was happy, even my old band fitted perfect.

Print one yourself or help someone else :)

There is of course a def difference, en for my wrist is at the edge of what is possible.
Mind you because of the lugs of the band sticking out from the sides of the watch, it looks bigger, but using the same kind of band like on my SS it should work fine :)

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1976.JPG
    IMG_1976.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Flyer0815

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2007
PA
Really impressive work! It’s also great to see our existing bands will integrate very well with the ultra. I have a decent collection over the years of bands that I don’t want to part with, which was my original hesitation with going bigger.

Teride

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
How nice to have a 3D printer :)

I wanted to know how the fit would be on my wrist with my SS and Ultra together.
After some CAD drawing and 3D printing work, I was happy even my old band fitted perfect.

There is ofcourse a def diffirence, en for my wrist is at the edge of what is possible.
Mind you because of the lugs og the band sticking out from the sides of the watc, it looks bigge, but using the same kind of band like on my SS it should work fine :)

View attachment 2056339

View attachment 2056340

View attachment 2056416
Nice job! What size is your wrist?

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Oh man if you are willing to share the STL I would love to print one to ease my mind on how it will look ok my wrist.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
Oh man if you are willing to share the STL I would love to print one to ease my mind on how it will look ok my wrist.
Here you go :)

ndouglas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2022
Wow that’s pretty dang cool! Thanks for sharing. I think my wrist is ~19cm, contemplating the Ultra still while also telling myself the s7 is just fine…having 2x battery is not “needed” as I stay home and such but it would be quite an improvement for times I don’t always remember to charge it morning AND night...

Reactions: addamas

TimmKook

Suspended
Sep 1, 2020
Yeah. Same. But I'll wait until my watch dies before upgrading. Nice job on the 3D printing.
Good Morning!
We engineer our products to last a long time, so my guess is you'll be getting our brand new Apple Watch Ultra 4th generation in a few years. We're already working on it. Cheers,

• Haha
Reactions: himynameisryan

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
Good Morning!
We engineer our products to last a long time, so my guess is you'll be getting our brand new Apple Watch Ultra 4th generation in a few years. We're already working on it. Cheers,
Nice username, lol. And yes, Apple's stupid junk lasts forever. I still have a 2010 MacBook Pro that's trucking along. I either update when the device dies or when it stops getting updates.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Thanks for the stl I printed it and really think I am going to like the new size. Don't have a resin printer so mine didn't turn out nearly as nice as yours but still did the job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.