I always buy at the wrong time!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sidefx, Jan 25, 2010.

1. sidefx macrumors regular

I purchased a macbook on 1/2/2010 and used my student discount for $50 off. Today I was showing someone the discount online that I used and now its $100 off! And with the possible announcement of iLife '10 this wednesday just makes me wish I would of waited a month... I did call the apple store and they basically said I was screwed because I was outside my 14 day return policy and that I openned it. Do you think the apple customer server center could do more? I have heard from some people that apple even gives a update disc for recent updates to software after the purchase, is this true?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I think you are still out of luck in terms of the free iLife update, but that will be unclear until the actual release of iLife.

3. macjunk(ie) macrumors 6502a

suck it in....this has happened to me more than once....:(
    This time though...I am determined to buy in the early stages of the product cycle...Hence I am going to wait for the MBP refresh and will not buy iLife until 2011 (?)...

4. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

So this has happened before? You didn't learn from your past mistake and do some research this time? I guess that's your own fault.

As far as software, Apple has been known to give $10 update disks for recent purchases when they update an OS, but not iLife, so I think you're stuck. Should've just waited for what most of us knew was inevitable.

5. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Hey, i always recommend you to check MacRumors's Buyer's guide http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
    I actually found out about MacRumors because of that guide, it will keep you away from problems like that, also the MBP refresh to Core i5's might be on the 27th of January, that means 2 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes! Be careful next time, i think it's the matter of learning that, i also bought an iMac time ago and after 2 weeks they released new ones lol

6. sidefx thread starter macrumors regular

thats strange the price drop was reported on dec 30 at 899. Wonder why it did not reflect on my order...

7. sidefx thread starter macrumors regular

well I just called the store again this time asking for a manager... He was happy to give me my 100 store credit. As for iLife i could care less but would be nice...